Tuesday 3 June 2008

Let's all copulate with engineers.

Warning: I am not feeling happy. I haven't been taking my Happyzacs lately. So sorry if I offended you. The 'X' button is up there if you can't tolerate me or my ramblings.

So yesterday, I was somewhat reunited with one of my ex-classmates online, thanks to the intervention of another classmate of mine. We talked about life, studies and everyone's favourite four-letter word...

LOVE.

Like what we used to do in school, we teased each other about having boyfriends. One of us said that she feels sad she has no boyfriend, to which I said "It's okay, let's enjoy singledom while the right one comes along".

Since another one is leaving to Australia in July, this same friend told her not to go after Aussie guys and make them potential boyfriends (give me a Mikey Johns, Toby Rand or Curtis Stone any day and I'd die a happy woman, pretty much).

They then kept prodding me about my boyfriend. At that point, I asked mate if I should notify them of the existence of my TV boyfriend. She said no, because they might go gaga over him. True, since TV boyfriend is somewhat precious to me.

I don't know how we switched from talking about boyfriends to getting married.

They began asking questions like "When are you getting married?", "What kind of job would your husband have?" and "How old should your husband be?".

They began stating that they want to get married when they are 26 onwards. And they both want engineer husbands.
"Engineers make good husbands"

They noticed how quiet I was (more because I was clearly uninterested in the topic) so they asked me the same question.

I had half a mind to answer "Oh I want a rockstar husband and I'll get married when I am 30 and have five kids and two dogs with him".

But the logical side of me waved aside that idea, so being the hapless romantic that I am, I said "I wouldn't to marry someone because of their job statuses, I'd rather marry them for who they are on the inside".

Wah...so deep right?

They agreed with me and I could tell they sensed my slight annoyance, they shifted to an entirely new topic.


I don't like talking about marriage now, especially when it's not my time to even think about it.
"You marry your books!"

I probably am being the only romantic lovefool in my class then and now, as every time people would bring up the issue of "Was your parents' marriage based on love or was it arranged?", I would answer 'love' and their reactions would somewhat surprise me.

Don't get me wrong, I have thought about my dream wedding.
Champagne gold-coloured gown, rockstar husband, Bali beachside wedding, garden reception, watched only by close friends and relatives.


It's just that I don't have time to think about this when there are more things to worry about...like "Will I graduate on time?", "Where to go next?", and "How many days til I leave KL?".

Or even "Will I ever be somebody in their eyes?".


My MSN display name has the numbers "525,600". What do those numbers mean?

Those are how many minutes you have in a year.

I learnt from many people close to me who have passed away that "Make every minute count".

So that's what I'm doing.
I am not going to worry about how great engineers are as husbands.
I am not going to worry about how sad my life is because I don't have a boyfriend.
I am not going to worry about how old I'll be when I get married.

Because I want to make every minute count by not wasting precious time worrying about these grouses.


On another note, I accidentally called this guy who is trying to get my attention/love 'boyfriend' this morning.

I don't want to cry, but the tears are there.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow. First post with no mention of DAVID COOK.

Should I be surprised?

Anyways, that aside. This post is so true, you know how I feel about it. so no point in me going there at all.

And uh...you called him that? Hey no worries, it's not like you have any feelings for him, si?

Right?

3 June 2008 at 22:34  
Blogger Sylvien said...

Rockstar husband (WAHHHH)
Bali wedding (WAHHHH)

Am I your close friend?
I wanna go..
I wanna see your rockstar husband.
I wanna snatch him away from you.

K k am not that bad. Won't snatch.
=P
Anyway I wanna go.
I'm coming even though you are not inviting =P

4 June 2008 at 22:56  
Blogger Anodynous Roxy said...

@ ScouserLysa - Yes, you should be proud and surprised.

You know the story, so I ain't telling.

I don't know. I am confused really.


@ Sylvien - Don't snatch my rockstar husband-lah. Cruel.

Of course, you're invited, silly!

Oh well, this is just a dream wedding-lah...hehe.

4 June 2008 at 23:04  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home