Sunday 9 November 2008

I'll take you just the way you are.

I created a new rhyme in my slightly unwell state of mind.

My heart is like a map,
my nose is like a tap.


Okay, I know. Lame attempt in making you people laugh. Jeebus, you people are so hard to please!



I'm feeling alright, albeit my nose is a little stuffy (but the good part is that it's no longer running like a tap).

It was a little funny telling people how cold I felt when they were literally melting under the sweltering heat.


We had an online meeting and I mentioned that I heard the newest Boyzone (WHAT? THEY'RE STILL AROUND?!! HAHA) song and we began reminiscing the good old days of our younger days.

We look back now and cringe at little random things like "OMG TO THINK WE REMEMBER EVERY SINGLE LINE! I LOVE THE WAY YOU LOVE ME!!!".

It's nice to know no matter how far apart we can be at times, we can always be geeks and talk about this and other random things when we get back.

My dad once said that he and another man became friends through strange circumstances.

Three of the best friends (including the one who has passed away) started out being enemies with me. Years went by and we became friends under really strange circumstances.

I feel blessed that we're friends. They may corrupt me and all, but I love them.

When we were young, we had crushes, strange tastes in music, and random interests.

Now, we still have all those things and more. We have that bond between us. We know when the other isn't feeling too good. We know what makes the other tick. We know what pisses the other off.

We know what we know.

10 years down the road, we can watch random things like this and laugh, because it just makes us reminisce the times we were at that age and the crazy things we'd say or do for someone on the telly we fell in love with.

Thank you for making me better and taller in more ways than one.

Friends sempiternally.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am no screechy fangirl, okay? Thank you. Those girls are hysterical to the point it's ridiculous!

Sempiternally!

You may be the definition of insanity, but I love you.

Now get well soon, finish your week of mayhem and play Light On for me.

10 November 2008 at 00:32  
Blogger Anodynous Roxy said...

@ Skizzy - Excuse me, you are one (well, sometimes, anyway).

"HOW CAN HE WIN? HE DOESN'T EVEN SHAVE!"

That just made me laugh, it was hysterical and hilarious. I can really picture him laughing at that. You know, his REALLY LOUD laugh.

Love you too!

Yes, ma'am!

10 November 2008 at 00:54  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Xanne, we can always feel bad and good about their grief.

We should videotape your epic reactions to bicycles having front lights =p

LIGHT ON ACOUSTIC! PLAY FOR ME! OK THANKS.

BYE!

12 November 2008 at 10:58  
Blogger Anodynous Roxy said...

@ MarAdams - Again with the bicycle lights-lah now...

BETCH.

I will try to do something this week-lah.

THEOBROMA!

12 November 2008 at 10:59  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home