Wednesday 8 October 2008

This is the time of my life.

This post shall be updated when someone else decides to be generous with gifts.

Excuse my cheesy title. My 21st was indeed the time of my life.

So what happened?
My best friend from secondary school called me up at midnight and lamented about the fact she has to wait until December to turn legal. It was incredibly nice of her to call me up from the library of her university since she was studying for my finals, she never fails to call me up at midnight on my birthday. We had a falling out for about a year in 2005 and I'm eternally thankful that we're back on good terms again.

After that, my 17 years and her cousin called me up and made an awful rendition of Light On and Crush, they were mucking up the lyrics! I couldn't help but laugh really loudly, which resulted in myself getting a slap from my mother for being too loud. Yeah, I got slapped by my mother a few minutes into my moments of being 21. Let's not talk about that because it makes the three of us feel horribly awkward. Thank you nonetheless, for being there and making me laugh to prevent the tears from rolling down and telling me what to do when it did and my pressure dropped.

Anyways, the whole morning of my birthday, I refused to see anyone. I made a dash to the bathroom, took a shower and headed back into my room. and stayed in there for what seemed like forever. I was bitter, okay. My birthdays in the past have never been outstanding, I always end up being miserable and grumpy. I came down only when everyone was ready to head out to visit my relatives. That was at 1:24PM, the time I was born, and my dad wishes me at only this time and not earlier or later than that. He wished me and the rest followed. I don't think I shook hands with my mother because I was very upset.

The first place we went to was my Mak Ngah and Mak Su's place. I have been craving for her chicken rendang (that's where my mother got her recipe from) and her kuah kacang. By far, the best kuah kacang ever. It so happens my Mak Su and I share the same birthday. We had fun teasing my Mak Ngah. Poor auntie. Haha. By this time, I felt better. Grumpy baby walrus was nowhere to be seen.

Then we headed out to my Mak Andak's house. We had a good laugh too.

After that, we went over to an old family friend's house. I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing she forgot my birthday. Every year, she used to give RM100 in the birthday card she posted and that stopped for a while, and when my brother got married, she gave me RM100 too. One thing about this auntie is that she is super generous. Way too generous. She gave me RM50 as my duit Raya. I'm not so greedy-lah, I don't shamelessly tell people "It's my birthday today, give me extra money please". I am not so forward =/

Then we had dinner in Victoria Station in Medan Damansara. Every year my brother plans on calling the staff to sing 'Happy Birthday' to me (if you tell them it's your birthday, they sing for you), but it never materialises (because I don't fancy the idea of some random person singing happy birthday to me...unless of course, he is THE one and only David Cook).

I had fun, it may not have been a great birthday but I had fun regardless.

Anyways, let's take a look at the gifts and cards then, shall we?

This is what I got from my parents.


Say hello to Andy, my new iPod nano. So darn pretty, kan?

I'm not allowed to use him until the 18th because that when my exams will be over and done with.




This is the card the family gave me. Yes, my brother and his wife signed this card too. I'm their daughter too, apparently. Does anyone else think that my brother's signature looks like it says David instead of Rizal?

Aimee Lee Kit-Ee/woman with so many 'eees' in her name sent me a card. Next time, you use eagles, okay? Pos Malaysia fails us again.


Aimee ah, I showed my dad your card like you asked me to and he says he likes your handwriting better.
-.-' He says mine is all disjointed, something about it not being connected or written in cursive handwriting.
I like my handwriting, okay, thank you.

This pretty box came from the mate. Randomly, I didn't know how to open the box and Yas said to pull the lid up and that's when we found out how to open the box. I am so stupid, I tell you.

What's inside, you ask?

No-lah, how can you fit David Cook inside there? You people are too imaginative-lah. So much free time, is it? Come do my assignment for me, please?

I squealed when I saw these things inside that pretty box.

Chelsea pencil box.



Chelsea mug. I so happy can die, thank you.
Thank you, mate! *hugs and squeezes you*

Skizzy, upon hearing the bad start to my day, found something that she knew would cheer me up.
"For you, on your 21st...you deserve this because you have to wait another 42 days for the album"

The revelation of THAT particular tattoo leaves me oh-so very happy I'm doing cartwheels now.


Oral fixation, much?

MY BOYFRIEND IS MY MUSE! HAHAHA! Thank God for that Guitar Hero advert.

Favourite photo ever.

I have come to a conclusion that this man is a robot manufactured by an evil scientist to render people speechless and seduce innocent beings into having horrible, horrible thoughts.

Yes, you have succeeded in seducing me, now quit the smirking already! Let me enjoy the remaining bit of dignity I have left in myself. Don't taunt me!

I love you, woman. I did get him on my birthday after all. HAHA!

Thank you so much everyone for the gifts and wishes through Facebook, Friendster, MySpace, online, LiveJournal, text messages, snail mail and e-mails. I love you all sempiternally. Here's to more birthdays and happy occasions.
Right, I'm exhausted and my double whammy of aches isn't getting any better so I better go to bed.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger chelseaorange said...

nana! i think i wrote "i'll check your kid's (Nyx haha!) teeth in the near future for rock bottom prices"

or something to that effect.

your handwriting is like a billion times better. mine got worst in the past couple of weeks.!

8 October 2008 at 10:34  
Blogger Anodynous Roxy said...

@ Aimee - There's one word before the 'rock bottom fees' part that you crossed off which I didn't get.

My father doesn't like my handwriting because my words aren't connected to one another. WTF.

I like your handwriting, okay. Just not the 'future doctor penmanship'. Haha.

8 October 2008 at 12:04  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SEVEN.

I LOVE YOUR PRESENTS. The Chelsea stuff are love! ANDY!!! SO PRETTY!

Skizzy = FTMFW. Those pics? Totally drool worthy indeed.

Take care, dodol!

8 October 2008 at 12:30  
Blogger Anodynous Roxy said...

@ MarAdams - Don't lie. I only counted 3.

Andy is LOVE, LOVE, LOVE.

Skizzy is awesome times ten thousand. Pictures are totally worth drooling over. He's so photogenic, bloody hell.

Love you, cincau.

8 October 2008 at 12:32  
Blogger FM said...

auntyyyy happy belated birthdayyy!!!

sekali sekala i call u auntie can ritee??? hee

* a big hug *

8 October 2008 at 21:07  
Blogger Anodynous Roxy said...

@ FarahMexx - Thank you, dear niece!

Once in a while can-lah...just not like everyday. Haha.

*hugs*

8 October 2008 at 21:12  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home