Thursday 24 July 2008

I could not ask for more.

Okay, this is post number 400.

Wow. That's just insane.

Oh well, happy 400th!

*****
Guess what? Due to constant abuse by my mother, my old PC fondly known as Tomas has died.

The power button on the CPU has finally given way, so now I am unable to retrieve the songs I downloaded for the wedding.

But no worries, I'm a resourceful little kitty and I managed to find some songs online. But most of my assignments and songs are in there.

I'm feeling blue.

*****
Today was wonderful.

Wonderful isn't even the right word.

So the best friend who is back from burning things in Medan came over at 10AM for our little trip. Can this girl get any skinnier? She's so horribly skinny it makes me feel like I'm a MASSIVE walrus.

Anyways, we set off to Menara Standard Chartered which is right next to Pavilion for our spa trip. Both of us picked the aromatherapy massage while my mother picked the Swedish massage.

We got to our designated rooms and I saw my masseuse. She looked kind of stern but she was super-friendly.
"This is the shower cap. This is the disposable panties"
*holds it up*
"This small part is the back and this is the front"
"And that's your towel. I'll be back in a few minutes"

So I changed and waited. She came back and rubbed salt on my body for the body scrub treatment and started interrogating me. The usual "Are you mixed?" and "What are you doing?" kind of questions.

After that, the three of us spent 20 minutes in the steam bath. It was freaking hot but tolerable to my standards.

Then, we had to take a bath to get rid of the salt. Next came the massage. More conversation ensued.

She has four kids, lives around Batu Caves, enjoys doing the wedding decorations, thinks men are the biggest wuss in the world (this had me in stitches albeit being uncomfortable lying face down) and thinks black and white with a hint of red at a Malay wedding is uber cool (I like the idea too, who cares what those old folks think!).

One thing that baffles me about these masseuses in general is that they know exactly which part of your body hurts.

*massages back*
"Your back hurts, doesn't it? I bet it's because you sit in front of the PC"

Damn psychic this woman. How do they know?!

We were done by 1PM and the other two were saying how quiet their masseuses were and how chatty mine was. I know it was supposed to be relaxing and all, but I actually like it when people talk to me rather than just stay silent (I know one person I can doze off to when they're talking to me...but that happens at night when bouts of insomnia are rampant).

Then guess what the best friend said?
"You know my masseuse was telling about how thin I was and I told her it was in the genes. She says to me 'But your mum and your elder sister aren't as skinny as you, they're normal what!'. I told them that you weren't my sister or mother"

Do I look that old?

I look fat, but definitely NOT old.

Then we had lunch and we decided to celebrate our "early" 21st birthday. Since we weren't going to be around for our birthdays (hers is on the 19th of August...you know when my birthday is, right!), I thought we'd celebrate it early.

My father is a joker, seriously.
"Take the candle off the cake! The wax will melt on the cake!"


Uncle fiddling with the cake and the box.


Uncle is so technology-unfriendly -.-'

He made us blow the candle almost 10 times (I am not joking) just to get a shot of us because by the time he took the photo, we already blew the candles. We almost burnt the restaurant down.

Eh, it's not our fault he's so slow, okay!


After 10 attempts, we have a winner, folks.


My little sister and I. Woman, why the hell are you so skinny-lah? I look like I'm eyeing the cake. Stupid thing *slaps self*

I had the time of my life (pun very much intended to annoy someone) today and I definitely wouldn't trade it for the world.

Thank you, little sister, for the wonderful time today. I love you. Can't wait for the next time you come home.

Stop burning things and polluting the air when you go back to Medan!

*****
I heard my song on the radio just now and I flipped out in joy, channelling my inner Christian Finnegan.

I just love how one song can make your day seem so much brighter.

*****
Since this entry is entry number 400, I thought I'd post up my top 10 favourite songs.

01. Yellow - Coldplay/Wonderwall - Oasis.
02. I Could Not Ask For More - Edwin McCain.
03. We Might Fall - Ryan Star.
04. Makeover - David Cook.
05. Mr. Brightside - The Killers.
06. Last Train Home - Ryan Star.
07. Roxanne - The Police/George Michael.
08. Stars - The Cranberries.
09. Searchlights - David Cook.
10. December/Money Love - Juke Kartel.

WHAT WHAT WHAT? DAVID COOK IS NOT AT NUMBER ONE???
*gasps*
The horror.

*rolls eyes*

I am quite sane okay? Contrary to popular belief, my life hasn't been completely taken over by him, thank you very much.


Oh well. I need to go and create mayhem in the house. I'm trying to figure out how to bring Tomas back to life. Half of my songs are in there especially some of the oldies I promised my parents.

=(

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger chelseaorange said...

you are not a walrus! honestly! you friend is just tiny!

this was a funny post your masseuse (god this word is difficult to spell!) is insane!

25 July 2008 at 00:01  
Blogger Anodynous Roxy said...

@ Aimee - Woman, I am like a MASSIVE walrus. Seriously okay, you haven't seen me in real-life and pictures don't tell the truth!

Goodness the masseuse was freaking hilarious and chatty! I had fun talking to her.

25 July 2008 at 01:04  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home