Sunday 20 April 2008

Maybe tomorrow, the good Lord will take you away.

So much for sleeping til noon and annoying people with reasons why I am obsessed about David Cook today.


Last night during the prayer service, the father's late best friend's kids and I talked about our loves and loathes of our high schools. I told them about my ex-class teacher who taught me Biology in Form 5, about how nice and strict she can be at times.

This morning at about 7:45, one of my juniors called me up and said that she passed away of a heart attack.

You see, this teacher of mine would have turned 29 this year on the same day I would turn 21 on the 6th of October (yes, we share our birthdays). She was a mother of twins, born about almost two years ago. I went to her wedding 3 years ago right after passing my computer test for my driving license.

*cue the numbing of all brain activities*


I was about to hurl a series of expletives at that little junior of mine, but all that escaped my lips was a muffled "What? ".

She was 29 and had a family and she taught Biology, for goodness sake! How was it that she passed away suddenly of a heart attack?

It had to be a mistake, maybe she meant another teacher, I figured.

But she told me it was definitely her.


Whoa. Nice way to wake up, ain't it?

So, I tried calling my ex-classmates to inform them, but to no avail, they all were fast asleep. I just sent them text messages.

Calls after calls, texts after texts. My brain was definitely out of sync with whatever was happening around me. I felt sorry for breaking the news to most of my friends who were having their finals this week. Especially the two class monitors who were close to her.

I had a lift from another classmate (no names shall be disclosed for fear of the powerful tool that is Google will lead unwanted eyes reading my thoughts here) since the father had to go out and run some errands. On the way, we picked up another two classmates in Kepong.

We all were too stunned. How could this happen? I wanted to cry but being the stoic donkey that I am when someone has passed away, you could see no tears streaming down my cheeks.

We got lost halfway and when we got to her house, they were already taking the body to the cemetery. We went to the cemetery to pay our last respects to our teacher, one who made my last year of high school a pretty much enjoyable one.

There had been times I was annoyed with her, but at times I just enjoyed listening to her stories, even though Biology was never my forte as most people would have come to understand.

We asked our other former teachers what happened...she had a sudden heart attack last night and passed away at 11PM. They were in shock too, as was everyone else who knew her.


Calls and text messages have been pouring in on my phone since the burial. I knew they were all too shocked to say much to comprehend anything. I still am, anyway.

To think we were all planning to have a reunion somewhere within these two weeks and we were going to invite her.

All the high school memories are coming back to me now. It's all coming back to me now. I'm getting a wee bit nostalgic now =(



Innalillahwainnalillahhiroji'un to the late Puan Jun. You will be missed.

Indefinitely.


Close your eyes, just pretend the bullet isn't there.
Makeover - David Cook.


I want to close my eyes and pretend so much that this bullet of a news did not hurt me.

I fail. It pierced right through me and the wound just won't seem to heal.


Can someone please prick me with a needle so that the tears will start rolling already?

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home