Monday 31 December 2007

Please forgive me.


Yes, this was me when I was young, skinny and annoying. Now I am old, fat and STILL annoying.

I was browsing through some old photographs with the only person in the world who can think of pervertish thoughts at 8AM.

Amidst all the squealing and random "OMG MY TEETH!" and "MY GOD, THE POSER!", tears streamed down my cheeks when we got to the old birthday pictures involving the relatives I am no longer in contact with.

And I thought to myself...did we all know we would end up not talking to each other? Did I ever imagine becoming such a bitchy and tarty cow as I am now?


How many of those wishes I made during my birthdays came true?


Did I grow up thinking I'd be a teacher? Or an accountant? Or even a singer?


Did everyone think I was going to grow up being all nice and sweet like sugar?


Did I ever imagine I was going to become fat and annoying when I turn 13 onwards?


The truth is, we all grow up. And in the process, we all change. The interests, values, beliefs and attitudes do. Change is painful and scary, my counselling lecturer said once.

When I look back at all that has happened, I realise that it is painful. It is scary.

So before the year 2007 draws its curtains on us, I would to apologise to everyone I've offended indirectly or directly while I was changing to be better or for some people, worse.

To everyone who have stood by me especially when times got tough, I love you all the same. You have no idea how much you mean to me.

To everyone who couldn't bear to watch me change to the point you want to beat me up with a hockey stick, I have changed. If you cannot handle it, it is okay. It's not a sign of weakness. Change is painful and it's entirely up to you to face it or escape it. I chose to face it.

HAPPY NEW YEAR.


In case you're wondering what happened to this kid, she's still lingering around...somewhere. You just have to look harder.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eh, this brought back wonderful memories. And my God, you were (and still are) a bloody poser!

Loved the last pic btw.

I understand what you mean, I totally do. Take it a day at the time, darling. No use being teary-eyed at things in the past. Let go, but hold on a little to the past.

I see that kid around. She never fails to make me smile.

I swear YOUR future prospective will love to see your random old pics. Sans the ugly haircut and dorky specs. Tee-hee.

Loves you, you wonky-arsed cow!

P/S: You are delusional. YOU ARE NOT FAT!
*throws smelly socks*

31 December 2007 at 01:04  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nana goodness gracious you were one cute kid!

actually i still think yu're adorable, you look exactly the same! you're just wearing glasses now! and have boobs, doesn't mean gemuk ok. dont be demented.

-aimee

31 December 2007 at 01:18  
Blogger Anodynous Roxy said...

@ Mar Adams - Eh, I had funky shoes back then. Green, reb, bright blue. You name it, I had it. Funky-lah. Not much of a poser now really. Lysa was going "OMG POSER! BOXING WITH THE CROC!". Hahaha, memories.

I'm glad that kid makes you smile =)

No one is allowed to talk about dodgy haircuts and dorky specs. EVER.

You have smelly socks? Eeewww...

Loves you too.


@ Aimee - I was cute...I think I look different now.

No, I'm fat-lah. Really. Not being delusional or demented.

31 December 2007 at 01:38  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG FUNKY GREEN SHOES! BITCHY POSER! Memories wei. Priceless.

Seriously, if TR and AH were to marry have kids, they look EXACTLY LIKE YOU!


*random rant over*

Change is what makes us stronger. You're much stronger than anyone I know (except my little sis).

FOR THE LAST TIME YOU MAD WOMAN, YOU ARE NOT FAT!
*takes shoes and throws*


Eh excuse, it's not my fault Wayne Rooney has a sore tush. Hmmph.

31 December 2007 at 09:56  
Blogger Anodynous Roxy said...

*red.

Typo.

@ ScouserLysa - Eh you rempit queen, keep quiet-lah.

You are NUTS, seriously. TR and AH aren't likely to marry each other.


Your sis is a trooper *salutes her infinitely*

What is this? One throws shoes at me, the other throws smelly socks! So much stock is it!


Munchy, you pervert, I love you. That's all I've got to say.

31 December 2007 at 10:04  
Blogger Emma said...

Happy New Year!

btw, one of my "discoveries of 2007" was back in January when I did a blogsearch for "jose mourinho birthday". That's how I found your blog, and I think it's safe to say we've formed a beautiful friendship. Cheers!

1 January 2008 at 07:06  
Blogger Anodynous Roxy said...

@ Emma - Happy New Year to you too, darling!

I've been meaning to ask you how you discovered my blog. It is safe to say that we've formed a beautiful friendship, in fact, I'm thankful to have known you.

Have a great year ahead!

1 January 2008 at 11:59  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home