Wednesday 26 September 2007

Sleep peacefully now, my child...

On the first day of class, my Biopsych lecturer (I seem to have this disturbing love affair with this subject...help me) showed us a transparency of statements which were either true, false, or not known.

I learnt that dogs don't see things in black and white.

One of the statements that really caught my attention was "Continuous sleep deprivation can make you temporarily crazy".

I wanted to ask my lecturer if that was true because I wanted to advise someone to get sleep because she was trying to be Mrs. Christian Bale.

But sadly, I never got to find out if it was true or not.

But today, my Biopsych tutor told us that we had a sort of homework to do before the next tutorial (October 17th). We get to go on a sleep strike.

Okay, not a sleep strike-lah. He said we need to go without sleep for 24 hours, without coffee, alcohol, and soft drinks.

No coffee? Okay, can still survive.
No soft drinks? Okay, can still survive.
No alcohol? Okay, can still survive.

No sleep? This one's a bit difficult. I value sleep. A lot. Like cats. Did you know that cats sleep 14.5 hours a day?

Eh, the last time we went on a sleep strike was last year right? 28 hours, I think. Why did we do that again?

So, after speaking to my trusted Scouser (who at 4:30 this morning woke me up with a message that went "OI YOUR NANDO SCORED HATTRICK! WHY THE FUCK DID YOU FALL ASLEEP?!"...see, early morning and people start swearing at me, horrible Liverpool fans), I'm going to conduct my sleep strike on the 6th of October.

12AM Saturday til 12AM Sunday.

Why that date? Simple.
This weekend is a definite no-no...need to study-lah okay.
The 13th is Hari Raya. Though I'm in no festive mood, I still would like to stare at the food. Chicken rendang!

So the 6th it is. Even if it is before my exams, I can try. Eh, I study better when I'm drowsy. No joke.

Anyone have any better ideas?

*****
What the fuck is this?

Dear Avram Grant, you shut the hell up and don't insult Jose. The man is a genius, unlike you. He's special and you're dull. There's a big difference.

Already the man's left Chelsea, leave him alone-lah. You consider the injury list. How do you expect to have a great game if 5 of our top players are injured? Lampsy, Didier, Wayne, Riccy and Ballack are all out.

20 minutes at Reading also okay-lah? At least we won. We've won 4-1 against West Ham with 10 men, and they were leading at half time.

You couldn't do that against Man U. You know why? Because you can't give inspiration to the players like Jose did. Eggs, bird flu, swans and mental hospitals included.

Now be quiet before I decide to be even more annoyed with you.

*****
I miss Rui now. Of all people. Sigh...why can't they at least have one pretty thing for me to like there?

Life goes on.

*****
Yesterday with a friend.

*sees keychain*
"What's this?"
"My birthday keychain"
"Let me see"
"Oh your birthday's coming soon...what is this? Advertising is it!"
*laughs*

Shameless advertising.


Currently listening to:
Billy Brown - Mika.

While it was all going according to plan, then Billy Brown fell in love with another man.

This song is so cute. Who knew anyone could sing about a family man falling in love with another man in such a happy tone?

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger adr1an said...

i think i have finally understood why van basten was at the chelsea game.
fact 1 - roman has always admired barcelona's attacking style
fact 2 - frank riijkard is dutch, and coach of barca
fact 3 - van basten is dutch
deduction : van basten might be heading to the bridge

27 September 2007 at 01:10  
Blogger Anodynous Roxy said...

@ Adrian - Your deduction is wrong-lah (Ms Chia won't be pleased). Those people at Chelsea just made a statement that van Basten's not Chelsea's new manager-lah.

Fact 1 is confirmed. Where do you think he got the away kit of doom idea from?

He should've gone to Barcelona instead. Go away, Roman...I hate you.

Oh rich Thai billionaire, where forth art thou?!

27 September 2007 at 01:26  
Blogger chelseaorange said...

were you talking about me ? =P

eh damn interesting lah! how come we dont get to go on sleep strikes also! can i join you!

27 September 2007 at 18:39  
Blogger Anodynous Roxy said...

@ Aimee - HAHAHAHAHAHA! Of course-lah I'm talking about you! What a question -.-"

You cannot go on sleep strikes! After you start staring at Daniel 'naked' Radcliffe how leh?

Okay-lah you can join...provided you don't start staring at naked Radcliffe's bum.

27 September 2007 at 18:50  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home