Friday 7 November 2008

I am not a slut, Cheongsam Lover.

Hello all, in case I don't post anything interesting here for your perusal anytime soon, it means two things.
01. I am tied up with assignments. I should be free by next Friday. My next assignment is due in December, but still.
02. I am experiencing a triple whammy of pains. Headaches, toothache and the latest, a muscle sprain.

How did the last one happen? Funny story, really.
Well, okay. It's not even the slightest bit funny.

I initially had to go to college at 12, but since Fishy said she thought of coming early at 10 to discuss our assignment together and my mother had a doctor's appointment, so I thought I would go early to college.

I reached there at 8:45 and shook my parents' hands and left. As I reached the lobby, the lift that was going up was about to close. The cleaning lady who at that time was mopping the floor, told the person inside to hold on as she saw me approaching the lift. I walked a little faster because I didn't want the people inside the lift to wait for me.

And I slipped.

Like I stepped on a banana skin.

And fell.

And landed on the right side of my body.

I sat on the floor, wincing in pain, using everything in me not to cry. I sat there, not so much in pain, but more of in total shock. It took a while for me to realise that I slipped.

As I fell, the only thing that went through my mind was "Please let me not fall on my posterior and hit my head hard on the floor. I don't want to be a vegetable so young in life!".

People just stood there stunned. No one helped, not even the security guards (I'm going to cease seeking their help from now on). Well, one girl did come out of the lift and carried my jacket for me -.-'

I was just rubbing my thigh when I got to the floor I wanted to go to. I hesitated to call my mother because she would tell my dad and being the hypochondriac he is, he might just ask the doctor to stab me with needles just to confirm that I was fine.

But I called anyway.

I told her what happened and asked her what to do next since she had a fall two weeks ago, which gave her left thigh quite a bad bruise.

I almost cried while texting the mate and she came up to check up on me, lamenting my 'not-so fantastic' week. I was grateful for that.

It was horribly difficult to sit for 30 seconds without whimpering in pain. All I felt like doing was walk around and just stand.

I just did not want to sit.

I don't think I broke a bone (I joked with Skizzy that "I think the fat surrounding my thigh absorbed the impact most so my bones were spared". She obviously didn't find that statement amusing, judging from the tone of her voice). It's a little swollen and tender but otherwise, nothing damaged.

I will be fine. Trust me.



Oh, thank you Adrian for this.

Dear CheongsamLover,

You are a sick human being.
Do you realise how much you have degraded those girls?
Do you even realise how they would feel if they knew their photos and the comments you made regarding their dressing (or the lack of it, as you claim)?

Tight headscarves? What in the world? Now, it is a sin to wear headscarves the way one is most comfortable with?

Holy Bocephus! I didn't know that!

What anyone chooses to wear if their prerogative, not yours. You do NOT own them.
It makes them comfortable in their own skin to dress the way they do. You do NOT get to judge them.
This is, after all, a free country. We have a right to choose what we wear. YOU DO NOT HAVE A SAY IN THAT.

Women are not meant to be objectified like pieces of meat. We are much higher than that, we have feelings, thoughts, ideas and the likes. Do you think I would enjoy knowing that people can take pictures of me, post it up on their blogs and call me a slut? I would be dead humiliated to be objectified in such a manner that derogatory.

If you have qualms about people's dressing, you should ignore it. Walking away and not saying a word is sometimes, the best thing to do. By the looks of it, judging from my limited knowledge of Islam (I am sanctimonious, after all), I would say that you are no worse than a rapist or a man who commits incest. You take pictures of these innocent women (I do not know them well enough to say they're innocent, but they are not to be blamed for his actions) and post them up in your little blog.

Clearly, I would state that you are committing a sin.

Multiple sins, to be precise.

Seems to me like you actually ENJOY these girls and their so-called slutty dressing.

You condemn these women who wear so-called skimpy outfits for earning a living. At least they are working to earn a living, unlike you, who actually spend time taking their pics and posting them up. Definitely the work of a highly bored and jobless man.

Grow up, get a life, and get off these women's cases, especially about their dressing.

Very bitchy, annoyed, and mostly in pain,
-TTG-


P/S: My boyfriend would like to say a few words too.


How very true.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Kelantenese fella is trying to mask his fetish under the pretext of religion. What a sick asshole! He must be sent to jail for committing such stupid acts!

7 November 2008 at 11:36  
Blogger Anodynous Roxy said...

@ Gallivanter - I agree wholeheartedly with you on this. Don't use or hide behind your religion for committing the sins you've done. That man is a sanctimonious prick who needs to either get a life or go to jail and rot there.

7 November 2008 at 13:11  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Seems to me like you actually ENJOY these girls and their so-called slutty dressing" - Soo, would you take it as a compliment then?

"Walking away and not saying a word is sometimes, the best thing to do." - Now i understand why the world has sooo many problems.

"Women are not meant to be objectified like pieces of meat." - Pity how at least half the world thinks otherwise. Well, not when you put it thaat way at least.

"What anyone chooses to wear if their prerogative, not yours." - And what he says is his, no?

"Do you realise how much you have degraded those girls?" - We should have organizations to sniff out the tonnes and tonnes of sites like his.

That's all from me!

10 November 2008 at 01:24  
Blogger Anodynous Roxy said...

@ USWS - It's not meant to be a compliment, you see.

He's being sanctimonious when he berates these women for dressing up somewhat indecently and posts posts their pictures up. It's like he's using religion to ogle at these women. I personally HATE sanctimonious pricks like that.

To a certain extent, walking away is the best thing to do. Sometimes, facing the reality of the situation is also the right thing to do. It's a catch-22 situation, no? It's the fight-or-flight reaction.

True about what he chooses to say being his prerogative, but seriously? 'Tudung ketat'? You have got to be kidding me. I may not follow my religion close enough as most people want me to, but I do know that there is no such thing as 'tudung ketat' being a sin. There other sins pertaining to clothes in Islam, but I don't want this to be Religion 101.

Well, that's my two cents worth. I'm just saying what I feel and think about the issue. Agree to disagree with me. Like you said, what we choose to say or do, is our own prerogative =)

10 November 2008 at 01:43  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

15 November 2009 at 06:29  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

10mg snoroff Now doxycycline Cheap karela No prescription atacand Visa/Mastercard/Amex/eCheck liv52 Side-effects cipro

19 January 2010 at 06:45  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home