Sunday 20 January 2008

Money love, I never want to give you up.

I have weird dreams for the last three nights. The dream I had on Friday was the weirdest by far. It had a little Chinese kid and Aaron Kwok speaking in fluent Malay. And somehow, Fishy made a special appearance as well. WTF.


This is what happens when you NEVER listen to old folks when they tell you to wash your feet before you go to bed.

*****
I was talking to my eejit about how dissatisfied with whatever money we have. The more we have, the more we want. We STILL think it's NEVER enough.

And I have drawn a conclusion that I should NEVER be allowed to shop alone. I have a tendency to buy little things (namely earrings and hair clips) and wonder "Eh, where did that RM20 go?".

Which is why, every time I have a RM50 note, I am somewhat reluctant to spend it, because I know once I've spent it and there's some balance, I tend to spend the rest.

During the last shopping trip last month, I had RM365 on me ("Wah, one ringgit a day!") and I spent RM165. I gave RM150 to the mother to keep in the bank account, so now I have only RM50 with me, which I keep just in case of an emergency at home.

Everything seems to be going up, even the breads at that Rotiman bakery are going up as well. I might as well eat grass, but then the goats won't have anything left to eat.

Oh well, I can take pride that my favourite kuay teow stall still maintains their original price. The owner is from Sentul as well and the first question he asked me when I first went to his shop was "Are you from Sentul?" as though I had the words "Made in Sentul" nicely stamped on my forehead. Haha. Nice man.

Now the mother is trying to be funny with me too. I usually pay her to wrap my textbooks or story books. 50 cents per book. Now, she wants to increase it to RM1.
"I'm charging you RM1 per book now"
"What? You don't use petrol, oil, flour, eggs or even milk to wrap my books, so there's absolutely no excuse for you to increase the charges"

I met a dear old classmate of mine at a shopping mall last Friday, and she told me she was working there to pay for her education. A mother of another dear classmate of mine is selling food at a stall so that she can send her daughter off to Indonesia to study.

And the father told me how lucky I was in this aspect. I cried myself to sleep with his words ringing in my ears.

While other people are either busy working to earn money for them to waste money on things they think they need when they actually don't (like that expensive bag or dress), there are people earning money so that they can get on a plane and read up on whatever anatomy book they have to study about.

Money love, I never want to give you up.

*****
Anyone willing to bet with me that this weekend will be the day the hormones will be unbalanced?

*****
Oh yes, I want to marry Juliano Belletti. I don't care if he's Brazilian.


And randomly:
"EH OMG DANNY CIPRIANI'S ON THE TELLY! I HAVE DIED AND GONE TO HEAVEN!"

-.-" Drama queen. Pfft.


Currently listening to:
Maahi Ve - Kal Ho Naa Ho soundtrack.

I love this song, I tell you.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home