Friday 27 April 2007

Carry on.

Fact of the day: Jamie Redknapp is gorgeous.
Okay, okay.

REAL fact of the day: I was taught how to write while my brother was taught how to count when we were young.

This fact was revealed by the mother yesterday while we were...errm...watching CSI.

When my brother was young, he was taught Maths.
When I was young, I was taught how to write.

Despite protests from the mother, the father decided that I was to be taught the art of writing my own name and other minor things, instead of Maths.

Now this is why my Maths skills is not as good as my brother's.
And this is also why my writing skills are FANTABULOUS (which means it's ridiculous).

Seriously, I think this is why I like writing stuff. I'm not saying my brother can't write, he can. But the thing is...he got a C3 for his 1119 paper while I got A1, so there's something to it-lah right?

Don't get me wrong, I like Maths. But his Maths skills are beyond fantabulous. Actuarial science deals with lots of numbers apparently. I don't like dealing with lots of numbers, which is why I pushed accountancy as far away from me as possible.

But truth of the matter is I hate my writing skills. It's ridiculous. People say nice things about it, but I feel crappy after writing a long essay which sounded beyond stupid, and after getting an A for it, I feel like my teacher is either blind or bored and she just decided to slap an A on my paper. That A leaves others expecting better essays from me, I just simply don't understand how they consider that crappy essay as something Shakespeare wrote that deserves to be worshipped.

The stuff I wrote for my school essays is basically what I like to ramble on in here. It's just silly.

I always try to inject some football nonsense into my essay (depends on the essay, obviously). I am very meticulous with spelling and grammar. I told you I am crazy, so if you want to run away from me, I suggest now would be a good time.

And people would still love it. What the hell is wrong with you people???

Someone has asked me to come up with fictional stories of someone we like, but I don't have the heart to. I am afraid I will suck at it and people won't like it.

I just end up hating whatever I write, because it's either I think I could have done so much better OR it's the most stupid thing I have ever written in my entire life.

Ever since I wrote those things about those people, I am so afraid to write anything. This person who was extremely angry (angry doesn't even cut it, it was worse) by what I wrote told my brother that: "I know she can write well, I wish she could use it for something good".

That statement made me skeptical of any writing abilities I had.

And that is why I have no intention to try to be creative and write stories. I don't want to be shot down like that again.

But this someone who is interested in reading my fictional stories (and other people who apparently think the things I write are hilarious) said that they have faith and confidence in what I write, and the things I write will not suck.

Nice try, people.


Maybe I am just being too hard on myself. Maybe I should listen to lots of Take That's Shine to clear my head (I can't help it, every time I look at Mark Owen, he reminds me of Tomas Rosicky...and they both are gorgeous!).

Maybe I just might. But if I do write, it will be saved as a draft, not published.

We'll see about that.


Currently listening to:
Yellow - Coldplay.

For you I bleed myself dry...

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

your writing is fantabulous what!

fantastic yet ridiculous:)

eh.dont hold back your creativity just because you want to avoid being brought down by people (who are insignificant anyway)

if i were to hold back then HOW! then we would never have met, because i wouldn't even be bothered to blog. correct anot?

hehe. BOLTON!

-aim

27 April 2007 at 16:00  
Blogger Anodynous Roxy said...

Aimee - It's ridiculous. Not fantastic.

I know I shouldn't but the words are on replay mode in my head. It does sting.

You CANNOT! Who else is going to write about Alicia Simmons, Mikey Way, Kirsten Dunst and other silly people for me to laugh about?

You have a point. You always do =P

Bolton tomorrow. Everton better do something to make Man U lose points.

27 April 2007 at 19:34  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oi. What you on about? We have bigger issues to deal, like that stupid gayboy calling Jose names!

We must do something!!!


Anyways, back to original topic. I know it's hard if you have that statement in replay mode, but hey, sop crying your heart out for them okay?

And besides, I like what you write. Silly as it may be, who talks about "Still, he is Jose Mourinho. Every inch human and cursed with selective myopia" but YOU?

And honestly, the things you wrote during that "Ryan Star month" just showed your insanity and creativity.

You are funny and witty and the things your write reflect you.

Don't ever say you ain't good enough. You are.

Think about it. Count the number of artistes in the world today. If they held back, you think you'd hear great music? You think if either Mika/Paolo backed out, you think you'd be singing to their music?

NO.

Which is why I say, don't hold back. Give it all you've got.

Don't let people you can't appreciate you and your writing for what it's worth.

*hugs*

I should be home by next month. See you =)

27 April 2007 at 23:15  
Blogger Anodynous Roxy said...

Mar LCA - That idiot needs to be slapped! How dare he insult Jose?

That stupid Fergie needs a slap as well! Jose complains a lot? Oh please. Who said the gayboy needs more protection from referees when it seemed like the whole world was out to get him?

A clear case of pot calling kettle black. Don't you think so?

Thank you. Nice try, silly. OMG no Paolo or Mika? That'll be just wrong!

Will think of something if I am free. So yeah, I will try.

*hugs*

Come home soon. No fun betting with that Scouser who thinks I cheat.

Sour grape.

27 April 2007 at 23:25  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home