Monday 1 December 2008

He didn't stand a chance, they said.

You know you're getting old when kids complain to you saying that three theatre screens in a shopping mall are not enough.

When I was 5, there was only one movie hall. My first ever 'going to a movie theatre' moment was watching the first Aladdin movie in some part of Central Market.
I didn't even care if we only had one movie hall in that area.

We never truly are thankful for what we have, are we?


I have a picspam for you! People with slow Internet connection (I'm looking at you, May), you might want to skip this. I wouldn't want to kill you by making you wait for pics to load.

Patience is not my strongest suit. I am horribly impatient.

Strangely enough, when I had to wait 73 days for this album, I learnt that patience and I could be best friends after all.

So bloody worth the wait.

*glee* VERY MOTHER-FLIPPING BASKET OF COOKIES KIND OF HAPPY, THANKS FOR ASKING.

Inside the booklet.







(this is proof that I bought him HAHA)


Skizzy thinks this looks as demonic as the eye tattoo on his wrist. This is not so bad as compared with the eye tattoo, okay?


Track list.


Love. That is all I have to say.


Time of My Life doesn't fit with the rest of the album. Seriously, as much as I love magic rainbows and dancing leprechauns, this song feels a little out of place.
(The voice that captured America, OMG HAHAHAHA!)



May, if you can see this, I DID IT FOR YOU!

Short review/comment on the songs on the album.
01. Declaration: I love the song, it makes me want to dance or even scream along while I'm in the car.
02. Heroes: It is what it says it is. I've always said that my heroes are the random ordinary everyday people around me, and this song song echoes my sentiments to a T. Oh these heroes come and go, you're still standing.
03. Light On: My mother's favourite song (I'm only saying this because she knows how to sing this more than Crush). I remember getting all excited because "OMG NEW SONG!" but then, I don't feel a thing for it now. I don't like it, I don't hate it.
04. Come Back to Me: One of my favourites. I can imagine if this becomes a single, it would've have a weird yet cheesy theme to it. I don't know, lately I just find myself annoyed about predictable music video themes.
05. Life on the Moon: I love this song. I know it's about him and the whole Idol rollercoaster ride, but in our lives, we have come to a point in our lives where an event took place and changed you. This line "I'm alone in this crowded room" in particular, reminded me of my high school memories of being discriminated for having mixed blood.
06. Bar-ba-sol: You want a kind of rockstar swagger off the album? THIS SONG IS IT. The drums and guitar on this are just fantastic. This is the kind of song you want to play when you're pole-dancing or even thinking about stripping to (I am merely quoting my shameless Skizzy).
07. Mr. Sensitive: This song is about him. I wasn't crazy about this song at first, but after a couple of spins, it grew on me.
08. Lie: My favourite track right here. Really, really heartbreaking song. I don't mind if you wait before you tear me apart.
09. I Did It For You: I like the catchy chorus, but that's about it.
10. Avalanche: This song took a while to grow on me, I have to say I like it.
11. Permanent: I love this song so much I skip it almost every time it gets played. This song is personal to me and I find myself crying to it almost all the time (hence the skipping). I feel like the more I listen to it, the more I become emotionally attached to it and because of that, the song loses its meaning.
12. A Daily AntheM: I like. Would you sing my song at the top of your lungs?
13. Kiss on the Neck: Eh, what's this? Secret bonus track 8 minutes after A Daily AntheM? I love it! The song is full of swagger, that's why. May and I maintain that this song is about vampires. Skizzy thinks it's about someone else.
14. Time of My Life: I still act like a giddy school girl when I hear this song, no lie. However, like I said before, this song is so out of place among the other songs on the record. Feels a little...off.
15. Breathe Tonight [*Wal-mart bonus track]: May knows what I think of this song, therefore I will not say anything.
16. My Last Request [*iTunes bonus track]: The only song that saved me while waiting. It's Dave favourite song and he says it reminds him of me. Hmmm...

I should be studying instead of being here. Until later!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eh, demonic? WTF Skizzy! That's nowhere near demonic-lah.

OMGWTFROTFLMAO PROOF OF PURCHASE!
Thank you for telling me that, I would've thought you stole it from the stores!

Thank you for that, and you are so bloody cheesy for using the line for that, it makes me sick.

Vampire references. I VILL SUCK YOUR BLOODZ!

Oi, I wanna see your dress! NOW.

2 December 2008 at 00:04  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

May, that is demonic okay. Just like that voodoo eye tattoo of his. Bloody creepy.
*shudders at the thought*

Xanne, so free ah post pics and album review now? Are you procrastinating?

Bad girl.


AND WHY IN THE NAME OF FERNANDO TORRES MUST YOU TALK ABOUT MY POLE DANCING/STRIPPING STORIES!

I have nowhere to hide now.

Don't lie about Light On. Every time it's on the radio, you spazz out. Especially that part where he's alone with the piano. I know you too well, okay.

I totally get you on Permanent. It's okay if you cry, you know you can always call me and talk about it. ABMB =)

Still think it's about that dancer chick wei, not vampires =/
(Why you never asked him during the chat ah!)

You don't like the Magic 'PLATINUM' Rainbow? How can you commit such a blasphemous act!

*throws holy water at you*
DEVIL CHILD!
DEVIL CHILD!
DEVIL CHILD!


May, when will you be back...? We love the dress she got and you HAVE to see it!

2 December 2008 at 00:15  
Blogger Anodynous Roxy said...

@ MarAdams - Eh, how come you can view this? Aren't you using like dial-up or something?

I dance and laugh, but I don't steal things.

I learnt it from you, THE QUEEN OF CHEESE.

Come home, then we'll talk dresses.


@ Skizzy - Eye tattoo being demonic? YES. That pic being demonic? NO.

I can't help it if you come up with winning quotes like that, not my doing.

You know me inside out, it scares me.

You know how it is with overplayed songs on the radio? You hear it for the first time, it's all good. Then they start overplaying it, it kind of loses meaning and you grow sick of it. I don't want that to happen with Permanent.

(I didn't listen to the vampire track until last Monday, okay, so I couldn't ask him at all)

I like the song! It's just that I feel it's out of place with the other songs on the album.

Devil child, I am not.

2 December 2008 at 23:11  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Using Charlie's laptop, super fast and furious =D

Eh, which kid told you that? My sister?

I'll be back this week, hopefully =)

4 December 2008 at 18:22  
Blogger Anodynous Roxy said...

@ MarAdams - Fast and furious yo.

Yeah, your sister-lah. Not that she's being ungrateful, it's just that sometimes we compare petty things like that, we don't realise what happened in the beginning.

YAY! I MISS YOU.

5 December 2008 at 06:53  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home