Sunday 16 November 2008

Your fairy tale couldn't get much worse.

Earlier, I was eating a piece of murukku while listening to 'Permanent' (Yes, some lovable being gave me the link to download the songs. I HAVE THE PRECIOUS! That doesn't mean I WILL NOT BUY THE ALBUM!).

Bad idea.

I remembered how he joked about marrying me one day.

"Roxanne, some years from now when I propose to you under a star-lit sky, instead of putting the ring in cakes and seeing you choke to death, I'd attach it to a murukku"


I laughed at him for saying such a ridiculous thing because let's face it, there was no way he was going to get a ring through a piece of murukku.

He dared to dream, that young man.

That was 7 years ago. A year after that, he passed away.

Of course, the first cut is the deepest. There's not a day I don't think of him, sometimes I even see him in my sleep, talking to me.


Sometimes I think that if he were still alive, I doubt if he would still be with the person that I am now.


Listening to 'Permanent' just made the floodgates break loose. At one point of the song, I had to go out of my room, hide in the toilet and have a good cry.

I just miss him, that's all. The song hurts.


Is the moment where I look you in the eye?
Forgive my broken promise that you'll never see me cry.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home