Thursday 9 October 2008

For your perusal.

Today, my lecturer told us that no one uses the term 'for your perusal' anymore.
That liar.

I do, okay. And so does...

Well, never mind. Skizzy knows who I'm talking about.


Anyways, for your perusal, I got yet another gift and card yesterday. This time around, it's from my lecturer cousin and his family.


If you know me, I am quite a pain when it comes to opening presents. I peel the cellophane tapes off so slowly and carefully to the point a snail moves faster than that. I'm trying to save trees, thank you!


-.-' As if the wrapper wasn't enough, there has to be a box. Let's see what's in it.



OMG. GOLD HEART-SHAPED EARRINGS. So pretty!

Okay, I know I said I didn't like gold things, but this has a hint of silver in it. So, it's entirely fine.


My niece handmade my card. So sweet, I tell you.


She spelt my name with an extra 'E', haha. The only other person who does that is my good friend, the concerned alcoholic.

"Why did you write 'have fun eating carrots' here?"
"You were born in the year of the rabbit right? And rabbits eat carrots"
"Ah...I see"


I am such a stupid person, okay. Don't judge me.


Thank you to my cousin and his family for the gift. I love it.


My trip to see my thesis supervisor proved to be fruitful. She was incredibly nice and supportive and to think I was afraid of her! I have to meet her again in another two weeks' time, which gives me some ample time to carefully write out my proposal =)

And oh, I'll be away for a week or so. Assignments and midterms galore...just in case you DO miss me.

Oh yeah, you know you saw it coming.

Wish me luck!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home