Monday 29 September 2008

Words will never take my place, when you know why I'm leaving.

I am still alive, thank you for asking. I just didn't feel like there was a need to update the last few days.

I AM NOT DEPRESSED. I just needed some time for myself because I felt like a big change was coming in my life. A really good change, and usually when changes happen too fast for my liking, I tend to put life on pause to evaluate the situation. If you know me like a book, you'd know that I hate drastic changes. I can take changes well, just not the drastic ones. I need to learn, I know.

Do not assume things just by reading the things I type in the first paragraph like what my father's former English teacher used to do when he marks his students' essays (if your first paragraph is up to his standards, you'll get 50/100...if not, you get a ZERO). Read word-for-word, even if I have a tendency to sound like a deranged fangirl.

I am shallow at times, I know. That does NOT make me completely brainless or stupid.



Saturday was, by far, one of those days I felt like I have truly exhaled and not feel asphyxiated at all. I had fun with my extended family. You cannot imagine what it felt like to be in my shoes, counting down the hours to my impending death before the dinner took place. It turned out the exact opposite when I got there and plopped my sorry derriere on the chair. I found myself smiling, laughing, camwhoring and doing rather silly things. It was like all of us were a family again. To be the queen of all things corny and cheesy, I shall use a line of my so-called favourite song and say that I had the time of my life.

Things are going well with me. I feel good that I have stuck to my schedule like I promised myself that I would. So, au revoir, senorita procrastinator. Hah.

Light On is a song that speaks to me in more ways than one. Every single time I hear it, I feel like there is a different meaning attached to it. I have a few meanings attached to that song as well. Personal ones, to be exact. I know a lot of people either do not like him and his guts OR the song, I don't care too much. As far as I know, I love the song and I cannot wait for the album.

There is another week until I turn 21. Not only am I getting older, I also am getting wiser. Yes, my wisdom tooth is growing fully now. I cannot smile, eat, laugh, talk or sing much without flinching in pain. I consider that as a birthday present to myself. Being wiser and smarter. Hah.

Eid is in another two days time and I personally am not ready for it. I feel like I'm not in the mood to celebrate Eid. All of us haven't fully recovered from the wedding events and what-nots. I know I haven't gotten the full rest I really need. Besides that, even if I only have classes from Tuesdays to Thursdays, most of my classes are in the evenings and I have assignments and my thesis paper to worry about. I have tonnes of things to do and so little time. What's worse is that my midterms are also around the corner and I have to study. Sigh.

I will not be updating anytime soon, so I'm going to wish everyone SELAMAT HARI RAYA AIDILFITRI, MAAF ZAHIR DAN BATIN; and HAPPY HOLIDAYS.

The next update will probably be the obligatory birthday post. Well, that's what I think, anyway.

Try to leave a light on when I'm gone, something I rely on to get home...

Until later =)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home