Saturday 19 July 2008

I drew a line for you.

I love Brooke White's version of Yellow.

*****
I'm slightly annoyed with a friend of mine.

We were chatting online one day and she asked me when I'd be graduating.

"July 2009"
"Wow, so long"
*WTF, one year very long now is it?*
"Actually, come to think of it, one year isn't that long. Time flies pretty fast, anyway"
"When will you be finishing?"
"April 2010"
"Oh, I'd be done with my Masters in 2010 in September!"

You see. This friend of mine took Foundation in Business in December 2005 (like right after SPM). She just completed her diploma this year and now she's in Australia doing her degree. 2 and a half years.

Me? I took my Foundation in Arts in August 2005 (yeah, if I only didn't decide to wait for the UIAM matriculation offer like my mother insisted me to). Now I am doing my degree, well into my third year, almost done. By September next year, I'd be off to the UK to do my Masters and stalk my boys (hey, that was part of the agenda).

I mean, if you want to compare things with me, I'd be done with my degree before you.

I mean it's like that thing we learnt in CTS before.
"I have 5 apples and you have two books, which means I have more"

You're comparing on two different levels.

And if you want to compare things with me, make damn sure you know what you want to compare about, because I don't tolerate such petty things.

Just because you're already in Australia and doing YOUR degree, it doesn't mean that:
01. I am poor and I can't afford to go overseas to study because heck, I can! I just realised that we had a lot to spend on this year with the wedding and all, so I want to wait til next year.
02. you're ultimately the successful one amongst us. I am not belittling you, but seriously. You've just started doing your degree and I'm almost done.
03. one year to graduate is such a BLEEDING LONG TIME.

I could've told this to you in your face, but I am such a nice person and my mother taught me to be the better person, so I decided against it.

If you want to compare with me that you have a boyfriend and that I don't, it's fine with me.

But if you want to compare with me about education, just don't. Because I value education as much as I value guitars.

Because it hurts me to see someone smashing guitars or tossing it like it means nothing.

*****
I want to say something else, but it's long and just me sounding a little whiny. So, I'll keep that for another day.

*****
I just discovered that a new tooth is growing on the upper part of the left side of my mouth. It's my wisdom tooth apparently.

"Oh wonderful, let's hope you become a lot wiser after this tooth fully grows"

Ma, you're not funny, okay.


*****
First Gordon Ramsay, now Danny Cipriani?

Oh hell yes.

He loves Chelsea FC.


And I love Paulo Ferreira.

*****
Currently listening to:
My Scouser singing Yellow.

Haha, she sounds cute.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Sylvien said...

*pinch ferreira's cheeks*
He's damn bloody cute and nice.

*pinch again*

Mate, you sounded angry at your friend. (duh)

LOL

Just wanna tell you to CHEERS!!

:)

20 July 2008 at 14:22  
Blogger Anodynous Roxy said...

@ Sylvien - So nice of him right? He's mine!

*pinches his cheeks*

I'm not angry, just annoyed at how some people can be so petty to compare things like that. Ugh, so annoying and ridiculous.

I need a shot of vodka now HAHAHA!

20 July 2008 at 15:14  
Blogger chelseaorange said...

aiyo what a bitch. excuse my language. but i hate people doing that. but i get tht alot, since i did form6 and all.

why are people in such a rush to dive headfirst in to the working world anyway?! spend 50 odd years doing the same thing over and over. live and learn as we go along.

dont worry you're much better off than she will ever be

smell thy roses!

20 July 2008 at 23:59  
Blogger Anodynous Roxy said...

@ Aimee - I know, right? Ugh. I'm just annoyed that she decided to compare the fact that she's already there and I'm still stuck here when she's just started doing her degree while I am going to start my third year.

Don't compare apples and books with me. I don't tolerate rubbish arguments.

I miss you, woman.

21 July 2008 at 00:03  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home