Saturday 10 May 2008

You can hear me say...

that Operation Chocolate Chip Cookies was a success.

Well, almost. 7 cookies were burnt. Hahaha. That's not bad, since I made close to 140 cookies. Wah, rather ambitious for someone who's not even doing ANY kind of work in the kitchen, don't you think?

The brother ate about 8 cookies.
"What prompted this change?" he asked in a rather mocking and surprised tone.

I was half tempted to say "It's David Cook day and this is how I'm celebrating!".

But that answer was a BIG lie, so I told him the truth.
"Every time I have a semester break, I always say I want to bake cookies, but I never have the chance to do it. I decided to do the cookies today"

He said it was good for a first attempt, but the shape was a little off. Hey, my cookies are nicely-shaped okay?

When he first stepped into the house after work, I rushed out of the kitchen and gave him a cookie.
"Try it"
"You made cookies?"
"Yes"
"I'm trying to think of the risks"
-.-"
Damn insurance people.

He ate it and pretended to faint (ala David Cook during the Day Tripper performance).

Well, the good thing was that he said it was good, so I am happy.


My lovely eejit called and asked "HOLY MOTHER OF GOD, ARE YOU MAKING COOKIES TO CELEBRATE DC'S DAY?". Yes, she was shouting those words at my ears.

"No, you random screaming fool, I'm not baking them for him"

To which my Scouser decide to conveniently interrupt and say "Did you know that 10 minutes into making the cookies and she's already cut her finger? With the aluminium foil that wraps the chocolate bar?".

All she could say to me was "Major epic fail on your part, Xanne". I could see her shake her head in disbelief.

You would also be quite surprised to know that yours truly here used a spoon instead of her hands to roll the dough.

As we do not have an oven in our house (We had TWO, but my parental units are awesomely generous, so they gave them both away! WTF!), we had to use this pan which allows you to bake cookies (it sort of acts like an oven). 15 balls for 25 minutes. We only started baking the cookies at around 7PM. We were officially done with the dough at 2AM this morning.

Total chocolate chip cookies made: 135.
Total cookies given away to family friend: 12.
Total cookies eaten by the brother: 8.
Total cookies eaten by the mother and myself: 10.
Total cookies left: 105.

I consider Operation Chocolate Chip Cookies a success.

I feel accomplished right now. I am extremely proud of myself.

I guess this is THE achievement of the year for me.
*beams*

Currently listening to:
Therapy - Axium.

It's therapy for me to wear my heart on my sleeve...



Have I told you how much I love David Cook's music pre-American Idol?

I actually wrote a nice long post to celebrate David Cook day yesterday, but I decided to not continue with it. I have my reasons.

One day more to madness.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home