Thursday 20 September 2007

I've got to be dreaming.

What do you do if you wake up one morning only to be told by your mother your favourite manager is leaving your favourite club?

You'd think it's a sick, cruel joke to get you out of bed and tell her not to be funny.

She says she isn't and she heard it in the news on the TV.

You go on to be in denial. You proceed to check various reliable sources to confirm the news. At the same time, you text a few friends who know how much you adore the manager, saying how undeniably in denial you are.

Then...you find that the...

News has been confirmed. He has left for good.

He left.
He left.
He left.
Your brain tells you.

Still, you're in denial. You refuse to let go that he's leaving because he made a promise that he wouldn't leave until 2010.

Yet, he left.

Why? You ask yourself a million times. Why has he left the club?


There's no manager that can make me smile like he does. Despite the moans and rants, I adore him.

Now he's gone. He's gone. And he may not come back.


If you'll excuse me, I'll be in the loo, crying my eyeballs out. As if not getting over number 16 was not enough, they do this to me.

If you want to read something happy, go click somewhere else.


Say it isn't so, tell me you're not leaving...
Say you've changed your mind now, that I am only dreaming,
This is not goodbye, I don't wanna start it over,
If you wanna know, I don't wanna let go...
So say it isn't so.



Dear Jose Mario dos Santos Mourinho Felix, I hope you're happy wherever you may be right now. I hope you're always with Chelsea, in mind and spirit. I'll try to be strong. It won't be easy, but I'll try. You get credit for trying, okay?

I've got to be dreaming. Someone just bloody pinch me in the arm and tell me it's a joke. Please.

Labels: , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I HEARD THE NEWS AND THOUGHT IT WAS JUST REPORTS BUT I CHECKED THE OFFICIAL SITE AND IT'S CONFIRMED.

Yan, this is so devastating. I have cried. I still want to but there are no more tears.

We gotta be strong and hold on. People come and go...that's the way life is.

*hugs*

20 September 2007 at 11:07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh damn. I got your message and I thought you were kidding. Seriously.

This is so unexpected. We all knew he had spats with Roman but I didn't expect him to leave this early.

I can't ask you to cheer up but you've gotta be strong. I know you're gonna miss him but life goes on.

Take care and don't fret. It's up to the boys to show what they're made of.

20 September 2007 at 11:55  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like Lysa, I got your message and couldn't believe it.

Totally unexpected. I am speechless.

The EPL has lost one crazy yet talented man.

Take care, hope's not all gone.

20 September 2007 at 12:57  
Blogger chelseaorange said...

your friends are right nana. there's no point crying in the toilet because that's not going to bring him back. cheer up ok? maybe our new manager is jared leto (HAHAHHAHAA!) leh? right? anything is possible kan. dont despair ok!

20 September 2007 at 14:33  
Blogger Anodynous Roxy said...

@ Mar the Eejit - The news was out at 1 am UK time. That was the same time it got out here (9 am).

People come and go...that's life.


@ ScouserLysa - I thought my mother was kidding me too. He promised to stay okay? That's like telling a kid you're gonna give him candy but you don't.

Hopefully the future manager is as good as Jose and probably good-looking =p (we must be optimistic right).


@ JX - You just woke up and thought I was pulling a fast one right?

Hope's never lost. I feel better.


@ Aimee - Crazy ah Jared Leto our manager! (but good also what, can stare and drool at him =p)

We must be hopeful that our new manager is talented AND good looking.

20 September 2007 at 15:30  
Blogger chelseaorange said...

why you disallow comments for your latest entry.

a cynical man is one who knows the value of everything but values nothing. (oscar wilde says one)

but you're not a man man, see? HAHA! but jokes aside. i think there;s nothing wrong with being cynical lah. it's not how we want to be, it's the world and how it has distorted our perceptions of things.

chin up ok. no point being sedih now.

21 September 2007 at 15:39  
Blogger Anodynous Roxy said...

@ Aimee - Was in a horrible mood last night so I didn't want anyone to comment.

You're right. Because of the things that have happened lately...I've been quite cynical about things around me.

I'm trying to be optimistic but I can't. Every single person who knows I adore Chelsea is talking bout it to the point I want them to shut up.

It's unbearable. I wished he made a U-turn and said "I'm staying, bitches!".

It's time to move on.

21 September 2007 at 21:08  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home