Wednesday 21 May 2008

It's the world I know.

Dear David Cook,

Oh God. How do I even begin?


Thank you for singing those two songs I've been DYING to hear you sing on the show. Especially the U2 song.

I don't care how you were thrown under the bus by everyone. You know in my heart that I love you.

My mother asked me "What do you think of his personal song choice?". I told her, with tears in my eyes, that "It's the perfect song for him. He wanted to do this song last week, but you know what? I am so glad he did it today".

When you sang The World I Know, I lost it completely and broke down in tears, because I wanted to hear you sing that for the last two weeks. I cried like a baby. Yes, I do know that I am 20, no need to remind me of how old I am.

No one, apart from Ryan Star, has that kind of an effect on me.

Thank you for making me fall in love with everything about you. Your personality, your voice, your smirk, your chameleon-eyes, your tattooes, your guitar with the initials on them, your stupid sense of humour, your wit and nerdiness, and yes, your tummy *cringes*.

You made me confront things I have been hiding inside for the last 8 years.
You cheered me up and pushed me to tears, when my blood pressure sank to the floor.
You made me laugh at the lamest joke I have heard in my entire life. Now I can't even watch Pirates of the Carribean without thinking of you and laughing.
You showed me that you ARE definitely versatile-vocally and that you can dance.
You proved that a real man cries and wears his heart on his sleeve.

You changed me.


I love how you said this show is about progression. And frankly speaking, you have progressed A LOT.
You have progressed in looks.
You have progressed in choosing the songs you sing.
You have progressed into this man who touches people in strange ways.

I hate love you for that.


I don't care the outcome of tomorrow's results.

Okay, fine, I lied. You caught me red-handed.

If you don't win, I will be devastated.

But it is okay.

You are sempiternally immaculate in my eyes.

You are MY American Idol.

I love you, David Cook.

Thank you for making me hooked, line and sinker for this season of American Idol for the first time in many years.

Very much in love with you,
-me-


Currently listening to:
The World I Know - Collective Soul.

Hope still lingers on.


It's a good thing I resent make-up, otherwise you would see a mascara-stained face in front of you all due to the tears.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home