Sunday 13 July 2008

There goes my hero, watch him as he goes.

I can never step into a bookshop and leave without buying anything. There is always something I have to buy.

I'm like a kid in a candy store when I'm in a bookshop.

I went into MPH Bookstores in One U and bought a card (was very bummed I couldn't buy a book there).

Then, my brother and I went into Pay Less Bookstore and guess what I got?

Yes, I got TWO Psychology textbooks. I bought that Adolescence and Emerging Adulthood one because it had cross-cultural approaches!

I love books. Have I told you that already?

*****
Today, I found out that my brother and I have a few things in common.

We hate Ronaldo the pansy.
We love blue shirts.
We love books. I got him to pay for my books =p
We love chocolates.
We hate slow drivers.

We went out together to get a birthday present for my father (which was rather tiring).

*takes out light purple shirt*
*puts on me*

"Why are you putting this on me?"
"I want to see if this shirt matches pa or not...if it doesn't suit you, it won't suit him"
-.-"

I picked this long-sleeved dark blue shirt for him and he told me how my sister-in-law (I'm still not used to saying this word yet) is complaining about how many blue shirts he has but he didn't care and bought it anyway. I have good taste, you see.

He saw that Ronaldo poster on the pillar and he pretended to kick it. I just had to laugh because I wanted to do the same before he did it.

We bought the present and the card, and I told him I wanted to buy these Converse shoes I've been eyeing. We got to the store and I saw the shoes.
"Which is better? Black or blue?"
"Up to you...but if it were me, I'd pick the blue one"

Damn psychic, the bugger. So I showed him the price of the shoes.
"Why are you showing me the price?"
"Because I have no money to pay for them"
"What? And you came in here looking like you had money!"
"I told you I only had RM50!"
"Hey, consider this as your 'going away before getting married' present"
"Okay. I realised I haven't given you money for the last few months already, with all these wedding things"

Yes. He pays me money to wash his plate. Well, at least that's what he says. RM75 a month. I haven't been paid for my services for the last few months. Not complaining, I do know he's been busy with work and the wedding preparations.



There's footwear everywhere! Slippers under my bed, high heels in front of the closet, and the Converse on the chair! My father is right -.-'

I asked the guy at the store for the shoes in size 7 and he looked at my feet. I came home and realised that the pair I bought was size 6.

I checked the label on the shoe box and apparently...
size 6 for men = size 8 for women.


Ah, now that makes more sense.
The guy is super psychic-lah, I say. Look at my feet and he already knows my size.


I love my new Converse shoes.

More importantly, albeit it may seem to be a little trite, I love my brother. There are a lot of things we don't agree on, there are times I resent him, but I do love him.

There goes my hero, watch him as he goes,
There goes my hero, he's ordinary...


P/S: Never EVER download Michael Johns' songs before you go to bed. Shall explain why tomorrow.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home