Sunday 8 July 2007

I've been interviewed.

Right, so I've been interviewed by the lovely Emma. So, here it goes.

01. Anyone who knows you know that you’re a Chelsea fan. Them aside, which other teams would you say you support (include national teams please), or at least have a “soft spot” for. And the ones you loathe, please.
Well, the teams I have a soft spot for would be Liverpool (can't help it, I'm surrounded by too many Liverpool fans), Arsenal, Newcastle, Leeds United, Spurs, Blackburn Rovers, AC Milan, Celtic (just because I think Shunsuke Nakumura is adorable), Valencia, Bayern Munich, Manchester United (you'll hate me for saying this but I have my reasons!), England, Italy, Germany, Holland, Spain, Czech Republic, Ireland, France, maybe Argentina and Australia.

The teams I loathe would include Barcelona, Portugal, Brazil, Middlesbrough (a little), maybe Bolton Wanderers and Spurs again.


02. I know that you, like me, are a huge Crouchy fan. Tell us why you like him so.
Errm...this is a little difficult to answer. So anyways, I actually didn't like Crouch because he is taller than me (I know, I know, most footballers are anyway) but he is way too tall! However I like him because he can score goals (some of which are rather odd). But after much debating (she calls it creative discussion) with my 16 years, I finally realised I like him.

And I have a thing for skinny, tall (6 feet is the limit), and fair men. Since he fits in that category, I like him even more.

And I like guys that most people don't really fancy. I am strange.


03. Describe to me the education system in Malaysia.
Basically in Malaysia, education is compulsory until the age of 17. Six years in primary, five years in secondary. In the sixth year of the primary education, students sit for an examination called the UPSR, where they have to take 5 to 7 papers (depending on their preferences or what school they go to).

Then in the third year of the secondary education, they have to sit another examination called the PMR. Here, students can sit for 7-9 papers (again, depending of what kind of schools they go to/preferences).

In the last year of the secondary education, they have to sit for another exam called SPM. This is similar to the GSCEs. We have to sit for 10 papers. Grades start from 1A until 9G.

After the SPM, some can choose to do Form 6 (similar to the Sixth Form) to do their STPM which equivalent to the A Levels.


04. This could be difficult, but what are your top 5 films?
My top five films...hmmm. Never really thought about it. I'll just do this in no particular order.

(a) Rabun.
Rabun is 'short-sighted' in Malay. This is a Malaysian movie which depicts a love between to elderly couple in a village. This movie really is a favourite because it has strong family values and shows how people of different races get along. It also depicts some of the culture and religious beliefs in Malaysia.

I am not one who watches a Malaysian movie unless it is recommended. This movie was directed by one of the country's best filmmakers, Yasmin Ahmad. I love her movies because it makes you think and it portrays how Malaysians really are about certain things.

(b) The Green Mile.
Oh boy. This movie made me cry buckets of tears. Not a pretty sight. I cried when he was on the electric chair. I loved it. The movie, I mean.

(c) Sepet.
Sepet means 'Slitty Eyed' in Malay. It's about an inter-racial relationship between a Chinese boy and a Malay girl. I like movies like this one which talks about inter-racial relationships partly because I come from one and it tells people to look past other people's skin colour or religious beliefs because at the end of the day, we're all human who are created equal in God's eyes. It shows how some people react to inter-racial relationsips. Some approve, some don't. Don't ask what my parents think if I had a boyfriend of a different race, because they are okay with it. I think. Another brilliant movie by Yasmin Ahmad.

(d) Aladdin.
I remember this movie being my favourites because this was the first movie I saw in the cinema. I was five and my parents took me to the cinema near Central Market. I loved the movie so much I bought the books and toys and tapes. Partly because I had a crush on Aladdin *blush*.

(e) The Lion King.
I liked animals and I liked lions. I always saw myself as Simba or Timon for some odd reasons (oi, I'm NOT Pumbaa!). I cried watching this movie. I'm such a Lion King addict that I have a wall plaque, figurines, jigsaw puzzles, tapes and soft toys. Not a bad addiction, okay?


05. Oh, and I simply cannot resist – gimme your list of hot footballers, please. The list can go on all day if you choose. And you have a bit of a crush on Carvalho, don’t you? Admit it. :P
I'm going to kill the Scouser for starting the whole Riccy Carvalho issue. No, I don't have a crush on him. I seriously don't.

Oh boy, this is going to be one long list. Have fun.

Frank Lampard, John Terry, Petr Cech, Nuno Morais, Tiago Mendes.
Paulo Ferreira, Andriy Shevchenko, Damien Duff, Robbie Keane, Salomon Kalou.
Didier Drogba, Arjen Robben, Peter Crouch, Harry Kewell, Xabi Alonso.
Luis Garcia, Jamie Carragher, Steven Gerrard, Craig Bellamy, Mark Gonzalez.
Michael Owen, Scott Parker, Morten Gamst Pedersen, Joe Cole, Wayne Bridge.
Hernan Crespo, Kaka, Fernando Torres, Steve Finnan, Daniel Agger.
David Beckham, Carlo Cudicini, Jermaine Jenas, Tim Cahill, David Bentley.
Kevin Davies, Alan Smith, Edwin van der Sar, Hilario, Ole Gunnar Solksjaer.
Robin van Persie, Cesc Fabregas, Thierry Henry, Tomas Rosicky, Aaron Lennon.
Fredrik Ljungberg, Jose Antonio Reyes, David Nugent, Pavel Nedved, Fabio Aurelio.
Owen Hargreaves, Fabio Cannavaro, David Villa, Fernando Morientes, Juninho.
Shunsuke Nakamura, Kevin Doyle, Nelson Cuevas, Roque Santa Cruz, Miroslav Klose.
Lukas Podolski, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Maniche, Rui Costa, Timo Hildebrand.
Zinedine Zidane, Javier Saviola, Mateja Kezman, Fabio Grosso, Filippo Inzaghi.
Deco, Gianluca Zambrotta, Andrea Pirlo, Alessandro del Piero, Christian Vieri.
Hidetoshi Nakata, Ilhan Mansiz, Sebastian Deisler (he's retired, so is he counted?), Gianfranco Zola (so is he), Christoph Metzelder.
Bernd Schneider, Phillip Lahm, Adrian Mutu, Niko Krancjar, Robert Pires.
Jesper Gronkjaer, Olof Mellberg, Milan Baros, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Mikel Arteta.
Phil Neville, Matt Derbyshire, Henrik Larsson, Joey Barton, Carlos Bocanegra.
Liam Rosenior, Vincenzo Montella, Moritz Volz, Alexander Hleb (the anorexic thing), Yoann Gourcuff.

Wah, I think that's a hundred names there! If I have more, I shall add them later.


I love talking about random things, so I had fun.

Anyway, here are the interview rules:
1. Leave me a comment saying "Interview me."
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with a post containing your the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

Say something, yes?

Labels: , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

Yay! Thanks for doing this.

So, I'm waiting for your explanation about why you like Man U now. I hate Portugal though.

I also fancy men that no-one else seem to! I have strange taste too. Ah well, less competition for us!

Rabun and Sepet sound really interesting... I'll keep an eye out for them. And The Green Mile is one of the saddest films I've ever seen in my entire life. I adore it.

And there's nothing wrong with having a crush on Aladin, just don't go fancying Simba or something. :S :S

I really like your list of footballing hotties. Except I'm going to pretend I didn't see Duff and Bellamy on there. I mean, really!

Thanks again!

8 July 2007 at 19:00  
Blogger Anodynous Roxy said...

@ Emma - No problem.

Reasons for liking Man U...well I'll explain that later. I hate Portugal so much (sorry Jose, I still love you!).

I like people that most people don't like probably because I hate to share. Hahaha, all the better eh?

Rabun and Sepet are really interesting. You should watch it. The Green Mile left me in tears the whole time.

No, I don't have a crush on Simba, that would be just strange. =S

What's wrong with those two? I can understand people not liking Bellamy, but Duffy? I think he's fit.

8 July 2007 at 19:13  
Blogger J.D. said...

The Lion King is a manna from God, IMO. Oh and interview me if it's not too much trouble.

9 July 2007 at 02:44  
Blogger Anodynous Roxy said...

@ J.D. - I agree. No, it's no trouble at all, let me figure out what exactly I should interview you about =)

9 July 2007 at 10:36  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home