Monday 17 May 2010

Welcome to the master plan, don't care if you understand.

Holy hell! I haven't updated in a while, huh?

Hi again, people! I apologise for the serious lack of updates.
I've been busy.
No, really.

April was a crazy and hectic month.
One particular week in April stands out from the rest. 12th to 18th April will be my favourite week of the year.

I celebrated the Sinhalese New Year and the Tamil New Year. It was great times and great food with the family. I wouldn't trade it anything in the world.

I finally got my answer to a question that I have had since I was a little kid.

This reply came two days before my convocation. I literally skipped and hopped around my house, before yelling the news to my parents (talk about making a dramatic entrance). My dad looked at me in the face and said "I told you so".

The night before the reply came in, I couldn't go to bed because I was a nervous wreck. I went down at midnight to watch some TV. He sat there and told me to drink the cup of Milo that he had made for himself. While drinking, he told me not to worry about the university applications and that I would get a reply REAL soon, and that it would be a positive one.

He was right.

Finally, all the nightmares have disappeared. Come September, I will embark on a new journey in a foreign land. I'm excited, nervous, and terrified all at once. I will do my best to make everyone proud.


I attended my convocation on the 18th. After 4 years of assignments, presentations, exams, quizzes and lectures…I’m officially a graduate.


I couldn't feel my arms for days because of the many things I had to carry.

I had fun telling my nieces to not think of 2012 happening and that one day they'll hold a scroll too.

That week, I experienced SO many highs.

I felt like I was blessed in more ways than one. I was thankful for all the blessings I have received and for everyone that have stood by my side along the way.


So, that was my April in short.


I will come back and update often. I promise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home