Wednesday 13 January 2010

I'll be your shelter, I'll be your faith.

I know I didn't tell you I was going to Penang for the weekend.

Anyway, I am home from sunny Penang with a glorious tan, expanded waistline, broader perspective, new shirt (you know you want to see my new Bon Jovi shirt from Hard Rock Cafe Penang), and a new song stuck in my head.

It goes a little something like this:
"It was an itsy-bitsy teeny-weeny yellow polka-dot bikini that she wore for the first time today"

I swear it IS a song. Do I look like I can make things like that up?


I didn't go to Penang for a vacation, to be honest. We did escape the chaos that happened on Friday, of course. If it weren't for Twitter, I would have NO idea on what happened in KL or various other places. If you know me, you would know my opinion on it.

I actually went there to get an idea on what I would like to do in my future.

I was torn between working at a center for children OR in a corporate setting. I hate working in a corporate environment, but the money is good. I enjoy working with kids because they're far more honest than you and me put together, but I sometimes lack patience and the money's not that fantastic.

My dad has a friend he's known since his childhood/working days who has a daughter who is a child psychologist. When we met during their Christmas party, she told me I could come over to Penang and observe what she does.

Why not? I needed to know what my work in the future would entail, so it would be an eye-opening experience to observe what she does.

I really am grateful that I had this chance to do something like this. Not many people would get a chance like this, so it was a blessing.


A few days ago, I actually wrote an entry concerning my fear of losing control. It's still saved as a draft.


Because I know what I want and how I am going to get it.


If my mother hadn't insisted on my attending the Christmas party, I would still be stuck and confused about my life.
If my father hadn't said 'YES' to the initial invitation to Penang, I would still be lost and very much confused.

Thank you for caring enough about my future, even if people claim you're smothering me too much. They're not standing in my shoes to know how lucky I am to have you in my life.



Suddenly, I am not that afraid of losing control as I used to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home