Thursday 31 December 2009

Thanks for loving me. You're doing it perfectly.


This is my favourite picture of myself right now. To me, I only look pretty when I am looking funny; not when I wear make-up.


*****
It's my parents' 30th wedding anniversary today.


30 years is no joke.


They had their own share of ups and downs, tears and laughs, screaming and shouting; yet they stuck it out for over 38 years (they spent 8 years courting before eventually getting hitched).

People have been throwing brick after brick in their faces, yet they ALWAYS are there for each other. 2009 would be the shittiest year for them, but I admire the way they handled all the unwanted pressure and how they were there to support one another.

I love the way my father tells me "Child, you need to have more faith in your Chelsea winning the league" every single time I get a little frantic over their lousy defense or the lack of goals.

I love the way my mother talks about the people/things I love and teases me about them. "YA ALLAH, HE'S SO PALE! NO WONDER YOU CALL HIM 'JEMBALANG'!".

I love how my father knows Adam Lambert because he's in the papers AND that I supported him during Idol. Father, in case you haven't noticed, there is a man who supports Arsenal who was on Idol. His name is David Cook. I like him more than I like Adam, thank you.
"So you know Adam came in second. Who came in first?"
"Who cares?!"

I love how my mother tells me the most random jokes and immediately understand things when I mention certain things to her that other people may not get.
"OMG YOU'RE SCOTT!"

I love them both, sempiternally.

Pa and ma, I know I may not be the most intelligent person in the world or the best daughter in the world, but I try my hardest. I just want to say I love you both very much. Happy anniversary and here's to many more anniversaries in the future. I love you both for being together through thick and thin, and for just being who you are. I love you for everything you have given and done for us. Don't let any nutcase tell you otherwise.

*****
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

I sincerely hope 2010 will be a kick-ass awesome year for us all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home