Thursday 17 December 2009

It's a half-faith blessing, for the lessons I've learned and never deserved.

Firstly, I must apologise for not updating for almost a month. I was tied up with assignments and presentations and defenses.

Right now, all I can taste is...
FREEDOM.

I have OFFICIALLY graduated from university. On the 10th of December, I sat for my last two papers and I was done. Alhamdulillah. I feel like I can finally exhale that breath I was holding in for the last 4 years.

Now, I can get married kick back and relax, and find a job before I continue with my Masters.

Yeah. Life has been nothing short of amazing right now.


This year, I made some new friends along the way who are just amazing. Age is nothing but a number when it comes to friendship. I love them, they make me feel somewhat normal.

My uni mates have been with me along the way too. They made me taller in more ways than one for which I am eternally grateful to them for. I am going to miss your jokes and banters.

I discovered new music and reignited some old loves. I lost some people in my life. I almost found love.


This year proved to be trying times for my parents. I am not happy about the things they had to deal with (not going to lie, it hurt me to see them hurt too), but I am proud of them for handling them in the best way possible: logically and practically. I am just amazed seeing them. For those awful and hurtful things to be said/done to them, they held it together and sat down and worked it out. Together. They have stood by each other for the last 30 years (this does not include the years they were courting) through thick and thin; blood, sweat and tears; arguments and jokes; and most of all, love.

While everyone was going out celebrating Hari Raya, my mother cried. It pained me to no end to see her like that. I had to help all of us hold ourselves together and I promised her that I would NOT let anyone hurt her and that we smarties (our running joke) would stick together to kick asses.

I would take the bat for them. I don't care if people say I am too dependent on them (which, hello, is pretty baseless and illogical), I love them and they're all I have.


I turned 22 this year. This year, in my opinion was the best birthday I've had in years.


I overcame one of my biggest fears - holding a knife. I also learnt to cook. I cooked chicken rendang, beef rendang, kuah kacang and chicken curry. Yeah, I know. I am awesome.


I have bought a number of dresses this year. This amuses my androgynous self. I am nowhere near the definition of girly (I belch like a boy. I swear like a sailor. I am not even close to being prim and proper) so having dresses and other girly outfits amuses me. TERRIBLY.


I am so blessed for everything that has happened in my life and for all the lessons I have learned - good or bad. It only serves to teach me to be a better person.


The coming few days will be ridiculously full of events.
I have a memorial service to attend tomorrow.
On Saturday, I have a karaoke celebration at noon AND a birthday party at night.
On Sunday, the long-awaited high school reunion is happening.


My life. It is, in a nutshell, PERFECT.

2 Comments:

Blogger chelseaorange said...

:) such a lovely entry. enjoy your new found freedom nana

19 December 2009 at 18:10  
Blogger Anodynous Roxy said...

@Aimee - Hey you! Haha! I'm enjoying the new-found freedom for as long as I can.

19 December 2009 at 18:21  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home