Wednesday 1 July 2009

Oh my Ra, it's made of gold.

I have successfully finished reading my Ethics textbook. EPIC PROGRESS.
Next up, Cross-Cultural!

I haven't been anywhere else except for the library or the reading room or even Subway. I'm there from 8:30AM until 5:00PM. I only do it because if I study at home, I'll be distracted by a few things. What those distractions may be, I am not telling you. I do NOT want to be held responsible if you get distracted as well.

The last time I went out and had an awesome time was on Saturday with the MYwn girls, even if it was like only for a short while. It was fun. I adore them, they make me feel normal.

It's okay if I don't go out. I have priorities. Delayed gratification is my best friend.


I know I should feel good that I am on track with my studies and other random things.

However, something caught my attention and dampened my spirits.

The Indonesian immigrant sent me this e-mail about the sugar level in the food we typically consume daily.

I am sad to announce that I am ashamed of myself.

I drink fresh orange juice EVERYDAY.

Typically, my mother cuts about 8 oranges and I make the juice (I do everything, except for the cutting because hello, remember the insane fear of knives?). For each orange she cuts, I have to put in a spoonful of sugar. So, that would mean that I typically put in 8 spoons of sugar. With the 6 cubes of sugar there for one orange, that would be 48 cubes of sugar. Add them up together and you get a total of 56 cubes of sugar in a single glass of fresh orange juice.

Which is equivalent to...

4 pieces of Cinnabon cinnamon rolls.

Yesterday, I had watermelon slices after lunch.


That was equivalent to four and a half cubes of sugar.

Today, I had this after lunch.

18 1/2 cubes of sugar.

I am leading such an unhealthy life. No wonder my father is secretly worried about my daily sugar intake (and I thought the doctor said I was nowhere near the diabetic line).

Sigh. Truly an FML moment, no?

I'm going to eat this from tomorrow onwards.



Oh, well. I'm going to stare at this pretty boy named Tomas Rosicky playing the guitar to feel less guilty.

Schnitzel, I think I'm in love with you (and your hair).

You know what? I think that MLIA.

*For the uninitiated, MLIA = My Life is Average; FML = Fuck My Life. God, keep up, people!

4 Comments:

Blogger nurul farhana said...

did u take all the pix with blue bckgrnd?
nice! look real ;)
those cubes nmpk mcm toy. haha!

3 July 2009 at 23:23  
Blogger Anodynous Roxy said...

Farhana - Hahaha! Nah, the pics were from an e-mail my best friend sent me.

Cute cubes, yes?

4 July 2009 at 21:20  
Blogger Emma said...

I had no idea Tomas plays guitar. Looking good!

26 July 2009 at 01:10  
Blogger Anodynous Roxy said...

I didn't know either. He looks fine playing the guitar!
*wolf-whistles*

26 July 2009 at 01:12  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home