Sunday 28 June 2009

Have I seen you before?

I am famous for all the weird reasons.

The last time I was in the newspaper was when I actually spoke to David Cook, which was somewhere in May. I am the one in the green shirt, in case you couldn't see me (click on the pic for a better view).



Before that, during the 2006 World Cup, I was in the papers along with my foundation mates.


Obviously, we were amused Cristiano Ronaldo fell and cried, hence the smiles and laughter.


TODAY.

I AM IN THE FREAKING NEWSPAPER. AGAIN.


The caption read: Rowena Hanafiah, 21, looking at a Michael Jackson album at Bangsar Village Shopping Complex yesterday.

THIS HAPPENED ON FRIDAY.
So, here's what happened. I was in Bangsar Village to buy groceries with my dad.

We went to Rock Corner and asked them if they had Michael Johns' album. The guy at the counter said "Oh no, but we have Michael Johns on that David Foster album". They don't even know when the album is coming. *WAILS* At least they know who Michael Johns is, so there is hope.

After that, we had dinner at one of the stores nearby and we had a SERIOUS discussion about Michael Jackson and other great bands and I randomly mention that I want to buy my albums to replace the VERY old cassettes I have of Michael Jackson, to which my dad said "Okay".

So, we went to Speedy Video in Bangsar Village to check on some Michael Jackson's CDs and the store assistant said THEY WERE ALL SOLD OUT. OMG WHAT. "The man died so everyone wants a copy and they're all sold out" was the reply I got. BOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Then, we went back to Rock Corner again to try my luck on the Michael Jackson albums and we see this reporter and photographer taking photos of this girl holding Michael Jackson's albums. I was like "Okay, let me stand here where it's safe" and this other reporter looked at me and asked "OH HI WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE OUR MODEL? ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS HOLD THE ALBUM AND PUT THE HEADPHONES ON" and I looked at my dad and I said "Okay". My dad was laughing at me when the guy was taking my pics. I died.

The reporters asked me if I was a fan and I said "Yes" and they asked me some other random things. They told me that the article is due Saturday (if they could get it approved on time) and I was like "OMG WHAT? I'LL BE IN THE PAPER TOMORROW?! OMG WHAT?!" and I died again. They asked me for my e-mail and stuff. They complimented my handwriting, saying it looked really neat for a Psych student.
Hello, Medic students have bad handwriting, Psych kids refused to be associated with them.


I called my mother and told her what happened and she was like "WHAT? OMG HAHAHA WHAT DID YOU DO? OH HEY, THERE'S SOME NEWS ON MICHAEL JACKSON ON THE TELLY. I WANT TO LISTEN TO THAT SO TALK TO YOU LATER OKAY?".

I laughed all the way home, thinking about how insane it was that on Friday morning I wrote this long note on Facebook about why Michael Jackson was my hero AND I got interviewed about him later in the evening. The same thing happened with David Cook. I took this photo of him outside Quiksilver somewhere in April and about five days after I took the photo, I found out that I was going to see AND talk to him. Ryan Star? Don't even get me started.

I was relating these things to my dad and he said "You should thank me for this". And he was all "Don't tell anyone yet, let it be a surprise!". HAHAHA.

Full article HERE.

The photo in the online article is small, but the one in the paper is huge, I'm not even lying. You could really see what Skizzy wrote on my left wrist (out of sheer boredom, as always). It was a random Ryan Star lyric. I was hell bent with heaven sent.

So, yeah. I am in the papers again. It is SO VERY embarrassing, I can die.


The things you do for the love of music. Sigh.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Mar Adams said...

KAU SANGAT FAMOUS, LIL SIS!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Also? WTF WERE YOU LOOKING AT?

Eh, seriously. Get that lyric as a tattoo, exactly the same way Skizzy wrote it. AWESOME, OKAY.

At least they know who Michael Johns is, so there is hope.
OMG HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
-dead-

I love you. No joke.

28 June 2009 at 22:23  
Blogger Anodynous Roxy said...

@ Mar Adams - FOR THE WRONG REASONS.

I think I was looking at the CD player or the racks. I didn't know where to look at.

I want to, but don't know where to put it if I got it anyway.

I still have faith that Mike's album will be sold here.
*hopes*

I love you too. No lie.

28 June 2009 at 22:26  
Anonymous Skizzy said...

At least they know who Michael Johns is, so there is hope.
OMG BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

You're just THAT precious, okay.

Now, try to do something to get the Jembalang here!

You're famous, you little bench. I officially want to worship the ground you walk on and stalk you.

<3

29 June 2009 at 00:37  
Blogger Anodynous Roxy said...

@ Skizzy - You think I'm precious? OMG LIAR.

I don't know what to do, he won't listen to me!

STALKER. GET AWAY FROM ME!
*hides*

29 June 2009 at 00:42  
Blogger FM said...

my aunty is so famous. i am proud to be her niece =) hee.

opportunities don't come that often, so u're soo luckyyy!!! B)

29 June 2009 at 10:50  
Blogger Anodynous Roxy said...

@ FarahMexx - Hahaha!

OMG but I feel kind of embarrassed too. I don't know why I am always in the right (wong?) place at the right (wrong?) time.

29 June 2009 at 23:52  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home