Saturday 18 April 2009

I should stop wearing my heart on my sleeve.

You think you've heard this before,
I'll try and say it differently,
as long as it comes naturally to me,
It's been making me sad,
Cos I can't find a better way
to speak the words I want to say to you.
~
Heart on My Sleeve - Michael Johns~



I hate hospitals.
EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW THAT BY NOW.


I had to go two hospitals today. I visited my nephew in one hospital and another close family friend in another.

My nephew has in been in the hospital for two weeks already. I really have no idea what happened, but he shows no signs of improvement. I teared up at the sight of the tubes and wires attached to his body (but the tears remained in my eyes, they didn't roll down my cheeks). My mother was sobbing the entire time we were there. Even my brother cried. It was just a sad sight for anyone to see.

He is barely 17, he'll be sitting for his SPM this year. It's so disheartening to see him in that state. I may not be close to him, but I have feelings. My amygdala is functioning well. It hurts.

He is such a good kid. I am just sad that this happened.

I hope he will be alright, regardless of what happens.


A close family friend of ours was admitted to the hospital a few days ago. He had his right leg amputated yesterday. I was at the hospital yesterday as well when it happened. We stayed with his wife who was distraught when he was in the OT. I can understand her feelings. I know I would be in a similar position if that ever happened to anyone I care about.

Yesterday was so bad, I had tears. I'm not used to seeing him in that state. He was strong and fit. Now, he's frail and thin. Seeing him cringe in pain is a foreign concept to me.

He's very close to our family, in fact, he and my dad are almost like brothers. He was there to look after my paternal grandfather while he was in the hospital when my parents were to get married. He's always been there for us. ALWAYS. Seeing him like this kind of puts a knife through your heart.

I got to see how far they cut off his leg. It was below the knee.

I am not going to lie and say "Oh, that didn't affect one bit". BECAUSE IT DID. I am afraid it will happen to me or someone else. I can't imagine myself in that state. I AM FUCKING SCARED.

My father told me that it was a good thing I got to see this because it serves as a reminder/wake-up call. I am taking care of myself.


I wear my heart on my sleeve too much for my own good. I get emotionally attached to people or things. It's in my nature that I am like that. I am sorry if at times I sound so 'emo' in my posts and that pisses some people off but I do feel for people. It makes me sad when I see people in pain.

I know I should stop being so emotional. I even cry when I'm listening to certain songs that remind me of certain people (I do NOT cry to love songs because I get on with life after breakups, I don't need tears for them) because of how much that song means to me or how much that song reminds me of them. I cry to 'Permanent' every single time I hear it because of what the song is about, which is why I ALWAYS skip that song every time it comes on my playlist. That song is so beautiful, I feel like if it gets overplayed, it will lose its entire meaning.

Fact: Everyday, I wear my heart on my sleeve.

Tell me to stop playing that song from Michael Johns, regardless of how beautiful it is.

Please.

5 Comments:

Blogger nurul farhana said...

i hate hospital too ;(

bcz of that, i couldn't visit our nephew. my mom did ask me to go, but i just don't have a strong heart for it. i'll still pray 4 him though. amin!

is our fmly getting smaller?
don't like the sound of it. . .

18 April 2009 at 21:33  
Blogger Anodynous Roxy said...

@ The Writer - Yeah, as much as I hate it, I felt it was the right thing to do by visiting him.

I'm praying for him too.

I hope not, I hope it continues to expand.

=/

18 April 2009 at 23:58  
Anonymous Skizzy said...

Kau ni macam David Cook. Asyik pakai jantung di lengan baju. Aduh.

Hey, I honestly believe you are strong. I know, regardless of what other people say.

I know your fear of hospitals and I know why it scares you. It's okay, fear only shows you that you are human. We all have fears of things. I am deathly afraid of spiders. It's okay.

I pray that everyone will be safe.

Also, about that other thing? Call me. I will tell you a joke until you fall asleep.

I ruff eu.

19 April 2009 at 00:11  
Blogger Anodynous Roxy said...

@ Skizzy - Kamu Jason Castro yang sentiasa 'high' jangan nak banyak cakap.

Thanks for your words, you mean the universe to me.

I know, I just don't like it in general and sometimes people don't get it.

Thank you.

Joke? Can't you sing me to sleep?

I laff you tu.

19 April 2009 at 00:27  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://seghan.ru/go.php?sid=35][img]http://i066.radikal.ru/1001/38/f22daff34e6d.jpg[/img][/url]












[url=http://ubpscsn.pro.ac/sitemap.html]buy cigarettes on the [/url]
buying blank cigarette boxes and cartins online buy cigarettes as buy my own cigarettes
[url=http://mlwqdwu.xn--baldmglichst-8ib.de/]where to buy cigarettes in south carolina [/url]
buy cartons of cigarettes buy smokeless eclipse cigarette cigarette bulk buy
[url=http://mlwqdwu.xn--baldmglichst-8ib.de/sitemap.html]buy us cigarettes [/url]
buy cigarettes in new buy sobranie cigarettes cheap cigarettes buy can
[url=http://tioozua.connection24.de/]cheap money order clove cigarettes [/url]
buy vogue cigarettes online herbal cigarettes stores where to buy buy american spirit cigarettes
[url=http://deuaexj.naheliegend.de/sitemap.html]ordering cigarettes from overseas [/url]
buying cigarettes in belgium buying and cigarettes or tobacco and buying cigarettes from the cherokees
[url=http://deuaexj.naheliegend.de/sitemap.html]order cigarettes from russia [/url]
buying cigarettes online faq ultra buy cigarettes issues with buying cigarettes
[url=http://qzexaua.flackert.de/]mail order cigaretts [/url]
treasurer black cigarettes buy buy discount marlboro cigarettes carton cigarette marlboro order
[url=http://tyouhca.xn--geglckt-q2a.de/]buy cigarettes cheap [/url]
age to buy cigarettes in ny buy sobranie cigarettes buying cigarettes for a minor
[url=http://deuaexj.naheliegend.de/sitemap.html]cheapest state to buy cigarettes [/url]
buy kool cigarettes cigarette roller buy order american made cigarettes
[url=http://uvfaquc.akzentuiert.de/sitemap.html]money order cigarettes no id [/url]
buy barclay cigarettes europe legalities of buying cigarettes online buy camel cigarettes in

30 January 2010 at 10:51  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home