Monday 16 February 2009

When you wish upon a star...

Right now, you're probably out in town with your very special one since you were 14 and eight years later, you guys are still going strong. I've seen how distance was never a deal with the two of you. You were here while he was somewhere frolicking around the land of the Oranjes and fish and chips. Everytime you two get together, it's like he never left at all and you'd pick up from where you left off.

Which is kind of what we are now.

You're on the other side of the world right now, while I'm here.

We can pick up from where we left off and our conversations, however obscene they may be sometimes, can last for days.

I got ready for class today and while waiting for my dad, I saw U2's The Sweetest Thing video and I thought of you even before Boyzone showed up behind Bono in the video.

In fact, I heard lots of random Boyzone songs throughout the entire day. They were celebrating your day, I thought to myself and smiled.

Usually it would make me cringe because it reminds me of my childhood. Awkward and interesting.

But then, it reminds me of you. The circumstances we became friend was a terrible one, but I'm glad we are what we are today. I don't think I'd be who I am today if you weren't a part of my life.

I remember in Form 3, we'd write letters to each other and end them with random stuff like "MASSA ROCKS! ALEX YOONG BOLEH! SCHUMI SUCKS!" in the between doing Maths and studying History. Hardcore F1 fans, we were. We still are.

Some things have never changed. You still like Boyzone. I like David Cook.
(okay, maybe some things have changed)

It's things like these that make me mushy and nostalgic because it's sempiternal love.

I hope your birthday was a fantastic one. I hope to see you after my paper on Saturday.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

Happy 22nd, love.

Kisses, hugs, and slaps,
-RH-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home