Monday 6 October 2008

I'll keep being me.

Things I Have Learnt for the Last 21 Years of my Life


People come and go, people come and go.

When people go, memories remain and linger on.

When people go, there are new people who come into your life.

You make or break my day.


Half of the things I learnt in life are not from the four walls of my classrooms or lecture halls.

They come from daily conversations with everyone from different walks of life.


There is no distinct difference between what is and isn't normal.

The line that separates the two is slowly fading away.

The most honest and genuine people in the world are not you or me or even the most religious people.

We are all sanctimonious actors.


Time will slowly but surely heal wounds.

If you want to mend broken bridges, don't think there is still a tomorrow.
Tomorrow may be too little too late.


Seek forgiveness and give it to people who deserve it.

Photobucket
My taste in men changes not as often as I change my underwear.

My obsessions have changed too.
They changed for the better, I guess.


You don't like what I do, well, it's not about you.

Photobucket
When you feel like sing your lungs out to an old yet random song, just do it.
Do it with people you genuinely love and loves you unconditionally.


Photobucket
Love and get hurt. That's the only way to learn.

Get hurt, break bones, bleed it out. Learn from those scars. You don't have to pretend to be strong all the time.


There comes a point of time in our lives where we will have to overcome our worst fears.

There will be changes, nothing is constant.

The only thing that is actually constant is our death.


There is a newer and safer way to vent your anger than breaking things into smithereens.


Family never lets you down and leave a light on for you even when it's bright.
Photobucket
When they do, there are friends who will guide you back home.

When they both fail, sometimes, all you need is just time for yourself. Take a minute just to breathe, and think of everything you wanted...and what you got instead.


What I know I lack in, I try to make do with what I have.

I know the difference between 'want' and 'need'.


It is okay to go a little crazy at times. Just make sure you have people to get crazy with, that's where the fun comes in.


Your vocabulary expands as you get older.

Photobucket
Don't be afraid to take risks. Don't be afraid to make mistakes. Don't be afraid to be wrong. Life is, after all, a learning journey.

Photobucket
Dance like a lunatic in public, even if people stare at you.


Smile like you mean it.


Be nice to the ordinary everyday heroes. They are everywhere, it's just that you are too ignorant to notice them and you take them for granted.


Size does not matter.

Photobucket
If I could go back to the past, I'd like to tell my 16-year-old self that "It's not cool to be a homophobic person. There is nothing wrong with homosexuality".


Make fun of yourself. Laugh at your silly mistakes. The only way to appreciate humour is not by laughing at others, but more of laughing with others.

Happy 21st Birthday, RH. Here's hoping you learn more things as the years go by.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG SYESHA'S QUOTE!
"This is my vocabulary and I know so many words"

See what kind of an influence you've been in my life! I know quotes and words I shouldn't even be listening to!
*cough* tripod *cough*

That glassy/crystal thing that is in smithereens, was that THE birthday gift from ex numero tres 4 years ago? You're still keeping it? Why?

WTF GOT MAVID DANCE SOME MORE-LAH. PLUS IT'S THE ONE WHERE DAVID'S BEING ALL BITCHY LIKE YOU! HAH! SO APPROPRIATE!

WHY GOT STEVEN AND XABI'S PDA PIC? DO YOU HATE ME THAT MUCH??!!

I love this post as much as I love you and Dirk Kuyt. Just so you know.

Happy 21st, bitchy. I sayangs you =)

6 October 2008 at 10:01  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Row, you made my day with that video!!!!

6 October 2008 at 15:48  
Blogger Anodynous Roxy said...

@ Skizzy - OMGWTF YOU REMEMBERED!

Skizzy ah, do NOT corrupt underaged children with 'bad words' like *coughs* tripod *coughs*...sinful okay.

Yes, that's the gift he got me that I took to school and broke it in front of my friends. I still keep it to remind me of how foolish I can be at times.

MAVID DANCE IS A BONUS! Dave being bitchy is TOO funny.

No, I am proud of them for being so open about the extent of their relationship. That is all.

I love you too, as much as I love cookies and prawn rolls. Just so you know.

Thanks for the wishes, I sayangs you more!


@ Bernice - That dance was by far one of my favourites of the dances they did during the tour. The look on David's face is just...epic. Haha!

6 October 2008 at 23:01  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"This is my vocabulary and I know so many words"
HAHAHA OMG SYESHA'S OPINION ABOUT DC! I love that quote!

MAVID DANCE FTMFW! Dave's face is so freaking epic.
"You bitch, quit stealing my thunder!"

Why didn't you use the ballerina one? I liked that and the leg air guitar one.
*coughs*

I love everything you said in this post. Happy birthday, dodol.

Liked my present tak?

6 October 2008 at 23:53  
Blogger Anodynous Roxy said...

@ MarAdams - HAHAHA! I always use that on Skizzy to irritate her.

His face is freaking priceless. I LOVE THAT DANCE, THANK YOU.

"Leg Guitar Hero" is inappropriate for this post because it may taint minds of the young ones. "Ballerina Belles", well...that wasn't as funny as this one.

Thank you, cincau. I love you for life.

YES, I LOVE YOUR PRESENT VERY MUCH!

7 October 2008 at 19:12  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home