Tuesday 28 October 2008

A broken back is only something if you did it saving me.

Remember last Wednesday I said I felt like a failure because I couldn't complete everything I set myself to start and finish?

I also was thinking.

I know. I think about things everyday. May thinks my metacognitive skills would scare Mr.Prospective Future away. Pfft.

What was I thinking about?
Growing up.


It all happened when on that fateful Wednesday morning, someone close to me sent me a text message asking me to set up a blog for her and her friends to flame another person. Intrigued, I asked more because I genuinely thought she sent it to the wrong person.

She told me she would text me again later in the night as she was heading out for school.

I couldn't bring myself to tell anyone about this, so I kept quiet and waited until she texted me back to assess my options and consequences of the actions I may take.

She texted me again that night and explained to me that she wanted me to create a blog about this person in her school that no one liked.

I said I'll do it and pass the details to her later.

But then, it hit me.

What the hell was I doing?

I am encouraging someone younger than me to instill hate towards another person?
I am telling people "Hey, you want to blog about this person you hate? Come let me help you set it up!".


I learnt from my past mistakes and said to myself at that moment "There's no way you are getting sucked back into this mess again, bitch".

I know you hate this person and so does half the school, but that is no excuse to start something as demeaning as this. Don't you think this may lead to damaging consequences to that girl you hate? Not only do you people hate her, you are inviting other people to hate her as well. And bless this girl, she may feeling horrible than she would already be feeling.

I sent her a text again asking her if her parents knew about what she was doing because:
01. I didn't want to get myself into the same situation I placed myself in a year ago.
02. I didn't want her to get into trouble as well.


Sure, I could create the blog and pass her details and whatever she chooses to do with the blog, it's her doing and not mine. I've washed my hands clean.

But what if one day someone (say her parents) finds out about this thing and she says that I did it...where does that leave me? What does that say about me?

It says that I am a bad influence.

It says that I tell kids it is okay if you talk bad about someone you hate by spreading bad things about them in blogs.
It says anything but the fact I am sleep-deprived, socially-awkward and obsessed about a random musician.

She replied me and said that her parents doesn't know (why am I not surprised by this revelation?).

I told her to talk to them and see what they say and get back to me (because I know her parents well enough to say that they would definitely advise her against it).

She told me that she would let me know and if I don't hear anything from her by the 7th, I am not to do anything.

I am just trying to find the right moment to have a conversation with her father to sort of warn him about this and to advise her against it.


A friend of mine was so surprised at what I said on my Facebook comment replies to her regarding the Chelsea-Liverpool match and all the hating of other teams (I told her to quit venting her hatred towards other teams for our loss, because she was publicly saying how she hated Liverpool and Man United. Yes, Liverpool fans, I defended your team to a person who hardly watches football but acts like she knows everything about it. Stop being mean to me already-lah) that she said that I have changed from the time I left school because when I was in school I used to be a bitch and slam all the teams except for my own.

I politely (I toned the sarcasm down because not many people get it) told her that as I grew up, I realised that there was no point in being childish as it made me somewhat stupid (I remember my lecturer saying this in class once, so I know I am not lying).


I grew an extra spine. It's called maturity.
No wonder my back hurts lately =(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home