Wednesday 27 August 2008

We're all mad in our own way.

I think I should stop watching Ghost Whisperer because after I watch the show, my house lights flicker like crazy, making me think my house is possessed.
Shut up. I am NOT crazy.

I know I did this before, but that was in the earlier blog, so I'm doing this to christen this new blog with a music tag.
Shut up. I am NOT crazy.


How to Play:
1. Put your music player on shuffle.
2. Press forward for each question.
3. Use the song title as the answer to the question even if it doesn’t make sense. No cheating.
4. With the answers, give your own comments on how it relates to the questions.
5. Tag 10 people.

How are you feeling today?
Optimistic to a Fault/Better Never Than Late - David Cook.
(Explanation: I feel wonderfully optimistic, apparently, albeit this always ends in tears)

Will you get far in life?
All Right Now - David Cook.
(Explanation: I take that as a yes)

How do your friends see you?
The Letter - Michael Johns & Carly Smithson.
(Explanation: They write me letters to say they can't live without me. Hahaha, I love you people)

Will you get married?
Why Do You Care? - Axium.
(Explanation: Oh. My. God. I won't get married. Such an angsty song. WHY DO YOU CARE?)

What is your best friend’s theme song?
Peace of Mind - Axium.
(Explanation: That's it, when you buggers get married, I will be the DJ and play this lovely song at your weddings. Just beautiful and wonderfully perfect)

What is the story of your life?
Hello - David Cook.
(Explanation: Hello, is it me you're looking for? HAHAHA!)

What was high school like?
Feed Your Ego (Cain's Ballroom Recordings) - Axium.
(Explanation: You don't like what I do, well it's not about you. Oh yes, please!)

How can you get ahead in life?
Eleanor Rigby - David Cook.
(Explanation: By being old and lonely *snickers*)

What’s the best thing about your friends?
Right Back Where We Started From - AI7 Top 10.
(Explanation: They love me and I love them too)

What’s in store for this weekend?
Testament - Axium.
(Explanation: This song does not hold the answer to the question asked)

Describe your grandparents.
Killing More Than Time - MidWest Kings.
(Explanation: I apparently thought we were just killing more than time because I couldn't promise them things would be alright. According to the song, anyway)

How’s your life going?
Silver - David Cook.
(Explanation: Second place has never carried me home. I'm also miserable)

What song will they play at your funeral?
Hungry Like The Wolf - David Cook.
(Explanation: HOLY MOTHER OF FISHNETS! WTF!!! THIS IS THE MOST INAPPROPRIATE SONG TO EVER BE PLAYED AT A FUNERAL! This song is about sex and blowjobs and whatnots! I can't do any of those when I am dead!)

How does the world see you?
Shout to the Lord - AI7 Top 08: Idol Gives Back.
(Explanation: Okay, the song has no relevance to the question at hand)

Will you have a happy life?
Go Your Own Way - Michael Johns.
(Explanation: If I let you go your own way, then, yes. I will have a happy life)

Do people secretly lust after you?
Under Fire - Axium.
(Explanation: Well, based on the song, I think it's a maybe)

How can you make yourself happy?
Crush - David Archuleta.
(Explanation: OI WHO PUT THIS SONG IN MY PLAYLIST?! I should ask my crush if he has the same feelings for me. Oh goodness)

What should you do with your life?
9 to 5 - AI7 Top 09.
(Explanation: Work hard from 9 to 5 and not get a promotion to get ahead. It's all taking and NO giving. Ah, life...)

Will you ever have children?
Happy Together - The Turtles.
(Explanation: Yes. Yes. Yes)

What song would you strip to?
I'm Alive - David Cook.
(Explanation: Kind of makes sense, but no. I don't think I'd strip to this)

What does your mum think of you?
The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face - David Cook.
(Explanation: Oh, I feel so incredibly blessed because she thinks the sun rose in my eyes and the moon and stars were my gifts to her the first time she saw my face...I feel loved!)

What is your deep, dark secret?
Music of the Night - David Cook.
(Explanation: Hahaha! What's the big secret about this? I listen to the music of the night -.-')

What is your mortal enemy’s theme song?
Close Your Eyes - Axium.
(Explanation: WHAT. THE. HELL. I am supposedly very helpful towards my mortal enemy. FAIL!)

What’s your personality like?
Therapy - Axium.
(Explanation: This is absolutely spot on)

What song will be played at your wedding?
My Hero - Foo Fighters.
(Explanation: I don't mind this song at all. I think I'll play this for my husband)

Now to tag…
If you are on my list of links, then you are compelled by the forces of the magic iris to do this.


I know, a lot of David Cook references in this tag. I can't help it, most of my songs are in that old PC named Tomas (who still hasn't been brought back to life yet).

*****
In a week's time, I will be starting my third year.

My final year.

It was exactly three years ago that I very innocently entered college.

I know my dad was slightly disappointed about my decision to turn down the offer from UIA to do Economics and Management Sciences and become the next Governor of Bank Negara. He still tells people this when people ask me what and where I'm studying.

I know my mum was highly disappointed that I went to a private university instead of a public one even when they said I could change to my preferred course.

They still supported me nonetheless and defend me every time someone comes up with a snide remark about my course and how I won't have a job in the future.

I think I have grown taller in more ways than physical in the last three years of my tertiary education life.

I've learnt to appreciate the people around me who are incredibly supportive and would be so honest and upfront with me about things.
I've learnt to appreciate things like good food and good company.
I've learnt to appreciate people as they are and for what they believe in.
I've learnt to appreciate the library as a place to study (I used to study either at home or in empty classrooms).
I've learnt to appreciate little random things like singing old songs from Spice Girls and Britney Spears AND taking photos of people sleeping in class.

I've learnt to have faith in everything and everyone.

Everyone has a good side, at the end of the day.

By the time this final year ends, I will learn more because half of what you learn everyday doesn't come from the classroom or lecture halls, in fact it comes from the conversations from the random people you meet everyday.

They are my heroes.

6 Comments:

Blogger chelseaorange said...

HAHAHAHHA in appropriate funeral songs!

27 August 2008 at 15:42  
Blogger Anodynous Roxy said...

@ Aimee - Stupid playlist. Of all the songs to be played at my funeral. Why couldn't it have been Yellow or something?

HUNGRY LIKE THE WOLF.

WHAT.THE.FISH.

27 August 2008 at 15:45  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh.My.Lord.

Since I talk to you about this song and make jokes about it, does this mean I will have to play this at my funeral too?

DON'T WANT!

*wails*


And the last bit is very touching. You've grown taller, for sure =)

I love you, always know that.

27 August 2008 at 15:52  
Blogger Anodynous Roxy said...

@ Skizzy - Yes. Yes. Yes.

I blame you entirely for this catastrophe. Fool.


I love you too, despite the fact you're an idiot who talks about HUNGRY LIKE THE WOLF.

27 August 2008 at 16:00  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROW!!!! lama tak jumpe
Anyways there will be more addition to your sleeping album since Roya will be back =)

27 August 2008 at 22:46  
Blogger Anodynous Roxy said...

@ Bernice - BE NICE!!! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? I MISS YOU!

Yes, that album shall be updated when she gets back hehehe =)

27 August 2008 at 22:49  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home