Monday 2 June 2008

Here's the part where you begin and I end.

I don't remember holding these hands before.
That's because they're soiled with filth and blood.

I don't remember not seeing a smile etched on your face.
That's because all my lips do lately are feed you lies.

I don't remember looking at that face in the mirror.
That's because I have become two-faced.

I don't remember catching your tears.
That's because the tears roll down only when it rains.

I don't remember catching glimpses of the new masks you wear out to the world.
That's because they end up being broken every time I try to hide a new scar on my face.

I don't remember this side of you.
That's because I've never shown it to you.

I don't remember you being uninterested in things you love.
That's because they don't make me happy anymore.

I don't remember you at all.
That's because I don't even know who I am now.

But I know I love you still.
So do I.


That's the world I know, which you don't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home